Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please tell me these are players...

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Not necessarily - it could just mean that some adventurers carried out duels in a particular place. That happens a lot! You can find skeletons in the North and South Valeways and on King's Road. That doesn't mean that some secret is being revealed. If I visit a place that is supposed to be dangerous like a dungeon it would be weird not to see skeletons of unfortunate wayfarers. They don't only appear at the most dangerous spots because low level adventurers get killed everywhere (speaking from experience)! Later on when single player offline is available I expect there will be no such skeletons in that mode.

Moonshadow and Tahru like this.
  2. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

SPO and FPO only mean you don't see another living soul, but you will see what they have done. That includes housing, economy and vendors, travelpoints (Vertasspass) and also deathmarker. Regarding deathmarker it is up to you, what you think about it. It could mean big boss, troublesome monster or just pvp.

Moonshadow and Tahru like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Following the story and having to go into a dungeon due to a quest would definitely give away some things when we see skeletons lying around.
    Imagine this (I don't know if this will happen): We have to travel to an ancient dungeon, no one has explored for hundreds of years. We open the gates and venture inside and see skeletons of other players lying around. It is said that there is terrible monster hiding somewhere in the dark, attacking unsuspecting adventurers by surprise. But there are skeletons of other players lying around, giving away the location of this Monster...

Tahru likes this.
  4. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

I agree that in dungeons it shouldn't be that way. But outsides I like the way it is now. Perhaps they should not look that much different than the normal skeletons.

Tahru likes this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

Why are these persistent dead bodies unique to PCs? Why don't we see dead bodies of MOBs across instances?

What's the intent here besides some hint system (like Demon's Souls)?
    - If it's simply a hint system, please give us an option to turn off hints.
    - If it's tied to story/lore, just say yes it is, explanation not necessary because spoilers, or wrap it in a spoiler tag please.

Tahru and Lord_Darkmoon like this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

It is easy, it is resonance in aether left only by avatars who do not really die, because they are not truly part of the world:D

Hazard, Tahru, smack and 1 other person like this.
  7. smack

smack Avatar

If cats truly do have nine lives, I'd like to see their ghostly bodies littered all over the place too...well, wherever their curiosity got the better of them anyways :)

8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It should be an option to turn those skeletons on and off. So we could decide if we want to be surprised by enemies and traps in areas and dungeons or not.

Tahru and Katrina Bekers like this.
  9. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

guess the fellowship of the rings had there skeletons option turned off because they didn't seem to get the hint when they went in the back door of Moria and found all those skeletons.

Tahru likes this.
  10. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

sometimes i see 2 scheletons on the same place on water (???)
    and please change scheletons with some types of bones randomly rotated

Tahru likes this.
  11. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

That was me, several times, on Solace Bridge. I kept having fatal heart attacks. Just completely out of shape. And once I died from tuberculosis.

12. Wonderboy2402

Wonderboy2402 Avatar

Well probably better then dismembered then reassembled bodies like in UO. ;)

Tahru likes this.
  13. Morganor

Morganor Avatar

Didnt RG say he wants to make a game where the mobs can take up your stuff and euip it for them selfes? (Would be gret if they also could level up as a reward for winning against a player or other mobs ^^). Ahm... but what i wantet to say is, if they can loot, perhaps they also could move your corpse? Woudnt it be realy cool if you move after a long and hard fight against a strong monster deeper in the dungeon and find in a side way the lair of the monster with dozens and dozens of skeletons in it? :D

14. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Cool idea

15. Selene

Selene Avatar

Forensics skill, FTW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.