Tough trees!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roger36, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

I have tried to chop down a tree but no joy after 100s of tries it always fails my axe is fine I tried to level up at a skills trainer but always fail!
    What am I doing wrong?

2. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

When you attempt to gather it displays the percent chance of success. If that percentage is too low you can try (almost) forever without success. I've seen some resources report < 1% chance of success.

smack likes this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

There are scenes in the game that have a high difficulty level. You were probably trying to cut down a tree in one of these scenes. Or you haven't invested enough crafting skill points in the Forestry tree. When you start a harvest attempt, the % chance of success is displayed above the bar showing the harvesting progress. If the percentage is too low, it isn' t worth the time.

EDIT: oops was too slow in posting my reply - Mugly Wumple beat me to it :)

smack, Duke Raas and Ice Queen like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Roger you said you tried to level up at a trainer but always fail. Did you level at the trainer. Maybe you are in too high of a location. Try kingsroad in the hidden vale north of kingsport. To get to the hidden vale map take a boat on the novia map to get there. That should be lower level gathering for you. Let me know if I can help. I am majoria in the game.

smack likes this.
  5. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Thankyou everybody I was trying to harvest in a tough area <1% chance.. beginning to understand a bit more now :)
    although leveling at a skills master is still a bit hit and miss .. not sure what i'm doing ..lol

Vaentorian likes this.
  6. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

It costs gold to train so if you don't have gold it will not work. The cost is shown on what you're clicking on (2 numbers points and gold)

Leostemplar likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Put your back into it.

smack likes this.
  8. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

The trainer next to the bank in Ardoris will not train low level characters ( at least he wouldn't train me until I reached Production level 10 ) but the one at Owls Head did train me okay. I'm not sure if that was a bug or a design but it is what I experienced R17.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'm glad you are understanding more. It is definitely a learning curve, well for all of us lol. Here are some pics I took of my skills. My goal is always to get the last two skills to be a better harvester and increase my chances. From what I understand it won't be as easy to get all skills perhaps we'll have quests to do and more depth and interest to the process. I do believe we can count on that. So right now we are just playing with the systems as they come into the game and then later that part will get added before release. :)

10. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Thankyou Majoria thats very helpful at the moment i'm just killing easy skeletons near owls head.. well at least i'm not being killed every 2 minutes ..lol :)

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

I watched the mad hermits guide on youtube about the deck system that was very helpful ..starting to make sense :)

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.