Ultra Noob hits brick wall!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roger36, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Hello All here I am again!
    Progressing further up to adventurer lvl 12 .. crafter lvl 3... The problem is I have bought so many damn repair kits I ran out of gold so I can't repair my sword and armor I must be doing something wrong??
    Has anybody got any suggestions?

2. Innessa Lelania

Innessa Lelania Avatar

Dont repair, its not currently worth it. Just grab another sword (either from your enemy or the shop) and fight on.

Numa, Lord Baldrith, Vyrin and 3 others like this.
  3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Was it a special/sentimental sword and armor ? If not, my suggestion would have been to simply replace it with a newly purchased set.

The intention of repair kits is to maintain equipment that is not easily replaceable (such as crafted goods with special properties).

Obviously repair kits are too expensive to repair any old thing.

That being said, if you have any hides or ectoplasmic residue, you should ensure that you sell them off the appropriate quest giver for the inflated rewards. One should be able to make enough money doing that to support your replacement costs. :)

Numa likes this.
  4. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Thankyou for the advice chaps n girls looks like I have been doing the wrong tactic again..lol (not the first time) :)

majoria70, Moonshadow and Duke Raas like this.
  5. Gareth Caliborne

Gareth Caliborne Avatar

Is there any way for players to repair things? One would think that would be a major part of being a Blacksmith.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. Curt

Curt Avatar

So far only gathering skills is implemented, repairing would be a crafting skill so not yet

Duke Raas likes this.
  7. Selene

Selene Avatar

It's in the works but not currently possible.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can craft repair kits.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Disposable armor and weapons. Greymark will make you your cash back. Remember to put two points in heavy lifting!

10. Gareth Caliborne

Gareth Caliborne Avatar

Hopefully you can just repair items in person, as well. One would assume that getting a smith to repair your stuff in person would lead to an improved repair job than just using a repair kit someone else made.

11. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

What I did was find a weapon that spawns in weapon shops and only buy new platemail off the vendors when it wore down to shribbles. So I was only replacing armor and the sword was free every time.

Moonshadow likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You are not alone of course lol. I thought repair would come in this release, but it did not make it. The repair kits will then only be for emergencies not the only method of repair. So here's hoping it will be soon. Then blacksmiths will repair and it will be cheaper. I am not sure exactly how blacksmith repair will work, but hopefully it will be much cheaper. Repair kits are quite a burden on the budget if we use them.:)

13. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

item damage system is borked...stuff breaks down way to quickly right now...

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  14. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Thankyou everybody for the advice.. taking a break this evening from sota after bankrupting myself
    I will put a new plan of action in place for tomorrow starting by using just a generic sword. :- )

4EverLost likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ahhhh *sighs* sorry to hear about the bankruptcy. It is easy to do. I would be happy to help you. If you friend majoria in game. I usually go in a bit most days. I am pretty poor in the game right now so I have to get busy and earn some cash.:)

16. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Dont worry Majoria I will dig myself out of this hole.. next time I load sota up I will try and find you if your online :)

majoria70 likes this.
  17. rob2

rob2 Avatar

If you need fast money, I find the best thing to do is to go to the kobold camp in West Ravenswood I think, and just clear out all of the kobolds, and sell their loot. The regular kobolds and bandits don't have ranged attacks, so you can mow then down pretty quickly.

I also find that if you craft bronze weapons with hard maple shafts, those can sell on the market for around 10,000 gold. But harvesting the resources for them is probably more time-consuming than killing kobolds.

But all this is pretty moot since you really don't need money in this game yet. Like it was mentioned above, you can just get a free weapon from Ardoris or Owl's head, and buy a set of armor each time it wears down.

All that being said, I'd also really like to see weapons and armor decay much more slowly. Even with the tactics passives, they wear down incredibly fast. And the precious precious passive points would be much more valuable in a skill which actually enhanced your character's combat.

18. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Hi Rob thankyou for that very interesting info I might just head off to West Ravenswood when i'm online next :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.