Question about system requirements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by novatemp, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novatemp

novatemp Avatar

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, and had a question for the experts on here.

My wife and I just purchased a MacBook Pro retina 13 early 2015 for her work,
    • 2.7GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
    • 16GB 1866MHz LPDDR3 SDRAM
    • 256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
    • Intel Iris Graphics 6100
    For my part, I want to know if this machine is capable of running the game in a playable fashion, even at low settings. I am an old school Ultima player and was excited at the possibility of getting to play this game. I know this computer is not made for gaming, and as I read the requirements posted, it appears that it's really borderline if it will work or not. I was hoping someone could give some educated feedback. Doesn't have to be pretty, just playable. Thank you!

Mata likes this.
  2. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Sounds fine to me you should be able to run SOTA at high settings no problems as its not taxing graphics wise!

Mata and iansmellios like this.
  3. Mata

Mata Avatar

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

SotA runs fine on my 15" Macbook Pro (late 2011), so you shouldn't have any problems. As a matter of fact, StoA runs superbly since R17's optimization. I run it with high graphical settings.

So from someone who owns a very comparable computer (if not a tad weaker) than yours, you get my two thumbs up!

The only thing I'd advise against is to clamshell it with a thunderbolt display. Not only is the computer going to run a tad too hot, but that'll put your computer to its knees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.