Anyone miss having actual gold in your backpack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StuFoo, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StuFoo

StuFoo Avatar

The nostalgia is in full effect when I can see the gold stack in my bag. Not a big deal but wondering how others feel.

2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I've played WoW enough to know where my gold is, and how much I have of it... I don't need the extra item/weight to know how much I can spend... For me it's just one less thing to manage...

Duke Zef, Royce_Templer and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I definitely miss bags, tables, chests, floors laden with coins, jewels and gold bars. I pray to virtue they bring it back.

4. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

This is an old school style game. It would benefit from having a few details like non-wow style old school gold coins, heck even different types of currency, like in SI. Silver coins, copper coins, etc. Gold bars, yeah.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I miss stacks of gold coins as well. If it also works as a decoration, that would be cool too.

6. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

I remember in UO way back in 98 I was in the deep dungeon very low down where the dragons were, there were a few of us there when shouts of PK, PKers! people started hiding and zoning out, but my hiding skill was very bad and they caught me I gave them a fight as I was a Grandmaster warrior but they killed me and took 8000+ gold and armor etc, their Christmas had come early as I had not been to the bank for a month!

Quenton and Royce_Templer like this.
  7. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Nice story, but how does it relate to SOTA? Even in a PVP dungeon you won't lose hardly anything when killed. Like 1 random item or something.

8. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

That's about the only thing I don't miss from old school mmorpg's. :)

9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

As a house deco, I agree, it would be nice to turn gold from our bank into commodities like bars (iron, copper, bronze, gold, silver) and to be able to stack them in our underground treasure cave... Maybe be able to fill a chest full of overflowing coins or to purchase jewels, jewelry, pearls and mix them with the coins... Be able to craft gold/silver statues and other objects...

I think it would be a grand idea just as long as the wealth is transformed into a deco and not back to wealth, I suppose the items could be sold on a vendor for a profit as artwork...

Manerd and TheMadHermit like this.
  10. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Not really? My bags are cluttered enough without something as distracting as gold being in there. I'd probably forget what I was doing and try to start counting those coins.:oops:

Sir Frank likes this.
  11. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

I'd like it if gold was a stack-able item as well.

Also SmokerKGB's idea of making bars and such and using that as a home deco is also cool. Heck, you can even have piles of coins that represent certain stack quantities that you can pile into a room like an angry dragon. The beauty of that is the stack could be a single item that is representative of a larger quantity.

Finally, when you perform the "Alms for the Poor" emote it would be nice if a few GPs dropped randomly in front of your character.

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes please. I'd like stacks n piles n bags full of coins.
    I want them to jingle as well.

13. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

14. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

15. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

That should be the one item that would always be on the table in a fight .. the gold you earned but didn't bank... but with the encumbrance rules I might have a bigger issue with gold having an effect on encumbrance. My first thought is gold should be tangible In SoTA not the same as a stat value.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  16. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I believe something is already in the works, Chris was saying in one of the hangouts about "full Loot" and although they're not considering a full loot system, they are considering gathered resources (or anything gathered in a scene, I would think that gold could be that) would be something that drops to your corpse upon death, open for anyone to loot...

I would support this idea and if a player exited the scene and wanted to drop the gold as a stack at their home for decoration purposes or drop it into a bank (any banker) for wealth, then that should be their choice... Having gold as an item first could allow for role play too, dropping individual coins as markers around a POT for a treasure hunt sounds cool... Gold as an item should have weight and count towards incumbrance...

17. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Forget gold turning into mere deco. Gold should retain its value when placed or splashed about.

18. AceBenSuited

AceBenSuited Avatar

I would only like this feature on full loot. Right now there is no reason other than aesthetics. It would just be another thing cluttering up my inventory. Could even be another bag instead of backpack like a coin pouch or something.

19. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

I do miss gold as an object, I don't miss how easy it was for people to dupe as a physical item.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  20. Merick

Merick Avatar

Gold should be physical. How else can I roll around in it?

Jatvardur, Spoon, Sir_Hemlock and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.