SotA streaming to a Nexus Player Android TV.

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Link_of_Hyrule, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Similar to my previous endeavors a while back I decided to get SotA running on my new toy the Nexus Player along with my MadCatz C.T.R.L. R Controller (which works as a mouse and a controller actually). After I made the video I've continued to iterate my controller mapping and actually played the game for quite a while last night having fun while doing it from the comfort of my soft bed. To accomplish this I used two programs one called Xpadder and another called KinoConsole (however if you have an Nvidia GPU Moonlight might work better for you but I haven't been able to test it out). The only complaint I have about this setup is it's not as smooth as if the game natively supported the controller for the camera controls that's the number one problem right now almost everything else is easily mappable to a controller but doing the camera requires tricking the game into thinking the right stick is a mouse basically. Xpadder does this pretty well. Another problem I've encountered is mostly my own which is my monitors aren't 1080p so KinoConsole will not stream from them in 1080p if I bought a new monitor this issue should be solved. Anyways hope you guys enjoy this little project if you have any questions feel free to ask them. If you want to try it out yourself I posted the Xpadder Profile below you may have to also set up some of the controls natively in-game. I plan on testing it out with MoonLight on my dad's computer I'll update this post when I do.

Throw this in a text file and rename it SotA Xbox Controller.xpadderprofile (make sure the extension is changed.)
    Code:
    ;--- Xpadder Profile File ---
    DataType=Profile
    Version=2015.01.01
    [Profile Settings]
    [Set Settings]
    Set1DPadMode=EightWay
    [Assignments]
    Set1Button1Slots=T
    Set1Button2Slots=X
    Set1Button3Slots=Z
    Set1Button4Slots=R
    Set1Button5Slots=Tab
    Set1Button6Slots=Enter
    Set1Button7Slots=Escape
    Set1Button8Slots=I
    Set1DPadUpSlots=2
    Set1DPadRightSlots=3
    Set1DPadDownSlots=4
    Set1DPadLeftSlots=1
    Set1DPadUpRightSlots=6
    Set1DPadDownRightSlots=8
    Set1DPadDownLeftSlots=7
    Set1DPadUpLeftSlots=5
    Set1Stick1UpSlots=W
    Set1Stick1RightSlots=D
    Set1Stick1DownSlots=S
    Set1Stick1LeftSlots=A
    Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up,Right Mouse Button (2),CYCLE STOP
    Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=12
    Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right,Right Mouse Button (2),CYCLE STOP
    Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=12
    Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down,Right Mouse Button (2),CYCLE STOP
    Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=12
    Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left,Right Mouse Button (2),CYCLE STOP
    Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=12
    Set1TriggerLeftSlots=NumPad +
    Set1TriggerRightSlots=Space

Spoon, iansmellios, Birko and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.