Teletype Add-On Store Item

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deliverence, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Just wondering who purchased this as I was surprised at how much Portalarium was asking for this as I find the cost hard to justify. Currently the Teletype has been discounted to $30 and has a regular price of $45, which if I'm not mistaken is the cost of the game itself. So just wondering did anyone buy this and if so what where your reasons behind purchasing this?

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I think that some people are just collectors and pump their available cash into their hobby. Others buy with a hope to make a profit out of a resale once the item is no longer available and has become a "collector's item". There is a thread right now by someone offering "top dollar" for some expired items.

Although I fall into neither category, I think the teletype is really cool and would love to have it. What is holding me back is 1) I have more important RL things I need to spend my money on, and 2) My small village home doesn't have room to properly display this item. I would have to buy a larger house, and the ones I like have expired :-(

Schmidbauer, Vaentorian, Beli and 3 others like this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I bought it, cos its fricken awesome!

4. Darkblade

Darkblade Avatar

I picked it up as well for the collector value.

5. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

I'm briefly back home between training sessions, and I noticed this in the newsletter and thought it might be a nice item to have... then I saw the price in the store and couldn't justify it at all. It's just far, far too expensive; the game as a whole has got that way to me though, especially as the sheer variety of "rares" is now becoming ridiculous and feels like it's impacting on actual gameplay.

By which I mean, we still don't know if there will be alternative ways to listen to player run "Radio", and now teletype machines are in, but also a store bought item only. It could have been a wonderful way to add steampunk communication into the game, now I'm not sure if it will ever turn up for the average player. And I don't want to support that business model any more. I can understand it for charitable funding, but the more unique mechanisms (as opposed to the just visual rares) are added the more the game looks like making micro-transactions essential rather than optional.

Deliverence likes this.
  6. Selene

Selene Avatar

I only wish they made these functional before they started selling them. I would love to try one out before purchasing, but I'm afraid they will be discontinued before then.

Deliverence likes this.
  7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I bought a couple of them. I see it essentially buying a great peice of deco as well as buying access to a mini game. It could potentially open up a whole new range of quests or addons at the store by being able at add more mini-games to it.

Deliverence likes this.
  8. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

I have to admit I bought one too, not to re-sell later or anything, purely as a collector item as its awesome and I look forward to playing the mini game immensely.

It is a piece of gaming history after all:)

Deliverence likes this.
  9. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I will buy one, too. But still waiting until it's fully functional and accessible in the game. All non limited items from the add-on store should be available in the game.

Deliverence likes this.
  10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

No - they shouldn't. If they want to create different variants that's fine though.

Deliverence, Themo Lock and E n v y like this.
  11. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I would be fine with this, too. At least, everyone should by able to get non limited add-ons or variants of them in the game. So, either one can save time and buy add-ons for real money from the store or save real money and buy the ingame variant via ingame gold. The latter will hopefully take a loooot of time to earn enough gold for buiyng ingame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.