Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please add feminine titles

Discussion in 'Release 17 Feedback' started by Raven Swiftbow, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yep! It won't be retroactive for characters already out there, but when a wipe occurs, the slate will be clean.

FrostII and Duke Raas like this.
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

+1 Ty sir! My wife will be on me to get her account fixed now haha!

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I like the way you think........

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

These are great. I have a few questions tho:
    • Will Edelmann founder's have "Hoher Edelfrau" in addition to the standard "Edelfrau"?
    • Knights already have a female version, "Dame". I'm not opposed to both, just noting that it exists.
    • Can Lord Marshal backers have an option of "Lady Marshal" (and "Royal Lady Marshal" for Founders)?

5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

What about these two that were suggested in the Original post? :D
    Lady Marshal
    Royal Lady Marshal

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Cool :)
    I think this will get some smiles on our female avatars :)

Chatele likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

these titles did not make it into 18?

8. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I used to think the same way until I watched what Europe was doing about stereotyping in games. They try to stop stereotyping by giving us the same title, which is great because it solves the problem of gender inequality that used to exist; otherwise, we would have had the same title as men in the old days ( a different title is sexist). However, I wish for our sake that they could get rid of things that physically and sexually turn me off to men such as derogatory remarks in games like Witcher 3. I am going to get this game for free with my new computer but I cannot play it because it will prevent me from dating men and falling in love with them if they like the Witcher 3 derogatory remarks about females that sexually turn me off. For example, a child of about 8 says that females with big titties always go to the forest, etc. I was so turned off to play the game that I wanted to be sick to my stomach and never let a man touch me that would play this game, literally. Men are not like us. I say this as a female of 56 who has had men as best friends without sex ever being mentioned. Yes, it can happen if you love what they are passionate about. Don't try for the title, try for things that prevent you from wanting to puke/gag (or as men know it, deny them sex--not be in the mood). Don't mike being called a Lord or Duke, mind being a play thing for their amusement.

9. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'm trying to wrap my mind around this lady amethyst. a different title is sexist? so, lord vs lady, or duke vs duchess is bad? from my current point of view, i see them as equal titles just being gender specific. a lot of aristocracy i've met (sadly, i've met a few) seem to be glad of the gender specific titles like that, because they find it awkward if they are called gender neutral or male targeted titles. who knows, maybe they're biased because it actually applies to them not only as figureheads, but as people too?

sidebar: never liked societal social constructs, all they tend to do is breed hatemongering and segregation. age, "race", gender, gender preference, who cares!? i don't, and my life is better for its absence.

as for derogetory remarks, i don't care what medium it is, i say don't do that. period. then again, i'm half creole half cajun, i'm actually what is called a 'coon ass', and for some reason some people find that a derogetory term. i'm proud of it, even though it IS a social construct..

10. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

Use whichever title you choose.

If you find Duke to be too patriarchal, use Duchess. If you find Duchess to be sexist, then use Duke. If you struggle with the options available, then use neither. Players made a reasonable request for the choice and Portalarium granted the choice. Exercise your choice as a player as you see fit.

I would say this is fair play for role play if your character's sensibilities are offended when your character hears a female addressed as "Duchess" or a female addressed as "Duke".

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  11. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

at this point in time, i don't think that was in question. and yes, it does seem the most sensible option.

12. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

You mean...for the upcoming Monday patch, post R18 launch....right??? ;)

ThurisazSheol likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.