So I went out of town...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razimus, Jun 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Had some stuff the Owl's Head bank I needed to take to Soltown, and had some rusty swords from skeleton corpses needed to dump off and the NPCs in Owl's Head didn't want to do business with me!

I had to talk to the guard, and talk to the NPC at the tavern for them to trust me enough to want to do business with me!

I really like that feature. I'd take it a bit further and do a mini quest for them to trust me, literally do something for the betterment of the city for them to trust me, it made a mundane thing into an interesting thing!

2. Sir Baralis

Sir Baralis Avatar

I agree with you. I think it adds a bit of immersion and realism to the game. I hope they add a lot more of these little details in over time.

Epona and Razimus like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I like it too. Im working on the gate keepers at one of the castles in Ardoris to not be suspicious of me so they will open the gates. I don't need the answer to the dilemna, it is fun for me to try to figure it out. Im sure we will get more of this, that's what this game is about in my opinion.;)

**Edited** Oh and also during exploring I had found a key and picked it up, and it was really cool that while talking to an npc in one town, it happened to be a key that npc wanted. I'm looking forward to much more of this also.

Epona and Razimus like this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If I read Lum's post correctly in another thread, having to talk to guards might be gone in R19. Not sure if it is permanent or until they get some bugs worked out. There have been a lot of people that have talked to the guards and the fine folks of Owl's ahead still won't talk to them. Hopefully they can straighten things out with the guards and it goes back in.

Personally I'd like to see this stay in and spread to some other towns, maybe with other requirements other than speaking to town guards. Imagine needing to talk to either the princess or the shogun before people in Ardoris would talk to you. Or maybe the guild master or the Official.

majoria70 and Razimus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.