The lifespan of weapons and armor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rob2, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd rather have a conversation than just you basically telling us we are all wrong but not why. There are a lot of assumptions being made, because the system is not fully designed yet. Conversation can help steer that.

The way I see it, the "FULL LOOT PVP!!!!" is far more problematic for level-based crafting and PVPers who are not in the top tiers than durability damage ever will be. Anyone who is interested in PVP had better be willing to invest a lot of time into gold farming, or get really good at PVP really quickly. Losing even moderately useful gear on a regular basis will be the largest goldsink in this game.

That's only relevant to this conversation because all of the equipment you will be using, regardless of how you play, is crafted. Balancing your character skills with the minimum cost of gear you can use to be competitive is going to be a great skill to learn. Unfortunately, it is not going to make getting into the game all that easy. There needs to be some basic gear that is much cheaper than what we are seeing now to make this work.

2. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

if it is implimented, i hope everything else gets the same mechanism, such as furnature, otherwise you'll be giving certain types of crafters an advantage over others.

3. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I'm against this for a different reason and that's single player offline. This works when there's other players crafting but if I'm the only one? Then I'm the only one and I do not like crafting.

4. Sir Baralis

Sir Baralis Avatar

I am curious as how they plan to handle durability in the loot table. If my understanding is correct the current plan was once a player was to sell his/her wares to an NPC that they would eventually leave the NPC inventory and be added to the loot table. If this still holds true what will happen if I use a weapon until it only has 2 durability remaining and I sell that item to an NPC, will it enter the loot table with only 2 durability? or will it have its max durability restored? I think a restoration will be a must. It would be very frustrating to receive a bunch of broken items as loot.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What about add-ons and stretch-goals?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.