Why can't i upgrade to a Village lot today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzzy Lark, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzy Lark

Fuzzy Lark Avatar

I have an ancestor pledge that comes with a row lot. I want a village lot and went to my account page to upgrade but it said there were no upgrades available for me. But it would let me create a payment plan to get from ancestor to Citizen. So I did that, but now my account page still shows ancestor, and it lists my payment plan below to citizen. But I don't yet have my village lot.

I didn't want a payment plan, I just wanted to buy a village lot. What did I do wrong?

2. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I'd email support@portalarium.com for that... This is not something for the forum, I'd think, unless you want to call it a website bug, but then you'd need to be in that forum... ;)
    [EDIT: Been moved from marketplace, so the last bit is now obsolete!]

Lord Andernut likes this.
  3. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

I don't believe you get access to the rewards until your payment plan hits the actual funded total? I could be wrong on that though, but to me that would be the first likely explanation; as you've signed up for monthly payments, you are still technically an Ancestor.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Darkblade

Darkblade Avatar

Nemo is corret, you get access to the rewards when your payment plan hits the actual funded total.
    If you reach another level between account levels while the payment plans are in place, the rewards for those are issued at that time.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

How to Cancel Monthly Layaway Payment Plans and What In-Game Rewards to Expect
    Remember that Pledge payment plans are not canceled automatically after reaching the desired pledge. You must manually cancel your monthly payment plan, which can be done at anytime on your SotA Account page. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause, but it is a result of how recurring billing functions with PayPal, Amazon, and Stripe (our credit card service).
    If you are on a monthly payment plan, the rewards you receive in-game may not reflect the final pledge tier you are making payments toward, but will reflect the rewards for the current pledge tier that your cumulative monthly payments have reached (your current pledge tier is shown on your Account page on the SotA website).

Yes you won't get your village lot now if you do payments until your new pledge tier is paid off. If you click on the drop down next to the word upgrade, it give you an option (the top choices) to pay in full by paypall, credit card, amazon card, bit coins. Then below that it give you the option to make monthy payments by paypal or credit card. So it seems you chose payments. You can cancel your pledge and re do it. Here are the instructions above from the home page. Good luck. I have made a mistake before and canceled, but it has been quite some time ago. I reached my desired tier quite a few months ago with a payment plan.:)

Forest_Dweller and Cagestorm like this.
  6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I believe this is what she is referring too. I tried as a test to upgrade on several different accounts and each time this is what I received:

[​IMG]

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well that is strange. I was afraid to try it myself, altho I don't know why. ;) Probably best to ask Portalarium about it. Again it is support@portalarium.com. Sorry I am no help.:(

8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If you contact support, be sure to describe the problem so that they will understand exactly what you want. You already have an Ancestor pledge that comes with a row lot, that much is clear.

There are two options to acquire a Village lot that will be permanently associated with your account.

The first option is to upgrade your Ancestor Pledge to a Citizen pledge. This will cost you $275. You will still own only one lot, but it will be a tax-free village lot instead of a tax-free row lot. You also get additional goodies that come with the Citizen pledge, such as a village house for the lot.

The second option is to simply buy a village lot in the add-on store for $165. If you do this, your pledge level stays at the Ancestor level and you end up with two lot deeds, one for a (tax free) row lot and one for a village lot which is subject to in-game taxation. I mention this option because you stated "I just wanted to buy a village lot". For Portalarium, there is a difference between upgrading a pledge and purchasing an add-on item, so you need to be clear in your support request what it is that you want.

Forest_Dweller likes this.
  9. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I just tried to upgrade as well, with the same result. Looks like it's a system-wide thing.

I emailed support@ to see if maybe they had an automatic script that was going to close out the pledge operation in June, which was supposed to be updated to November and wasn't due to an accidental oversight.

10. Fuzzy Lark

Fuzzy Lark Avatar

Yes Ravicus that's the screen I keep getting. All I want is a village lot so thank you guys for suggesting I can just buy it on the add on store. i'll just do that if I can cancel my monthly!

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Hey, contact portelarium first. There is a huge difference in store bought deeds and pledge deeds. Pledge deeds will not have tax whereas store bought will have a tax.

12. Fuzzy Lark

Fuzzy Lark Avatar

Got my village lot by cancelling the payment plan and buying it on the add on store. Thanks guys!

13. Fuzzy Lark

Fuzzy Lark Avatar

Ouch! I didn't see that difference when I bought it. Sigh ...

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Wouldn't worry too much.
    If you ask them, they will refound you in store credits.

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

You can "melt it" for credit and apply it to your pledge.

16. Fuzzy Lark

Fuzzy Lark Avatar

Ok I emailed support and laid out the whole thing. thanks everyone

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Mind you: it takes 5 days in average before you get an answer ^^

18. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

Yeah this is all I get when trying to upgrade my account as well. No options available.

19. Beli

Beli Avatar

Well they need to fix this asap.

20. Lord Viator

Lord Viator Avatar

Thanks for the reports. I will escalate this.

steanne and Atogrim like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.