What Items would you pay money for in the Add on Store?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Jun 12, 2015.

?

What Items would you pay money for if they would be in the Add on Store?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2016.
  1. Special Dye Color

43.5%
  2. Hats

20.3%
  3. Shoes/Boots

15.9%
  4. Pipes,

23.2%
  5. Tattoos

23.2%
  6. Cloaks

29.0%
  7. Weapon Modifications ( no ingame bonus, but different look)

23.2%
  8. Special Guild Tags

14.5%
  9. Scars ( different scars )

8.7%
  10. Special Emotes

21.7%
  11. Additional Character Slot

17.4%
  12. Recall Spots Ingame for Towns

53.6%
  13. unique vendor signs

44.9%
  14. Special Looking Vendors - Pirate Look, etc. , unique styled Vendors ( Lot required)

36.2%
  15. Unique looking Stall to place your Vendor ( Lot required)

33.3%
  16. Unique Skin Colors

14.5%
  17. Special Voices and Soundeffect for your Avatar, replacing Standard

18.8%
  18. Special community or portalarium created music that plays in your House or POT

27.5%
  19. Special Music your Avatar can play with an Instrument if you purchase it

23.2%
  20. Gloves

15.9%
  21. Special looking book covers

26.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I'd like to see what the regular non-premium clothing/armour/hat/weapon/footwear/voice/cloaks/gloves/tattoo options look like before I start deciding what I'm willing to pay extra for in the store.

Caliya likes this.
  2. Gypsy Lou

Gypsy Lou Avatar

Very nice list, good job on the poll.

The three things I voted on wound up becoming the top three: town recall, unique vendor signs and unique vendor looks.

I do agree that the recall thing is somewhat P2W and actually hope it is not in game. But the poll asked what I would buy and, if it's in the game, I would buy it.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Birds like starlings and parrots and cockatoos that can listen to music you play them, memorize it, and repeat the music back at random occasions, as well as repeat back word's you or other players have said in their presence.

Caliya and Myrcello like this.
  4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

With rares i do hope they find a way to motivate us to search Novia. So i asume we do not have bugs that items had not been locked, but i would love that.

Because right now i do not have a reason to search the map and click on all times on hope for a rare? . Or do i?

5. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

Here's an idea, instead of more and more micro transactions for people who have already paid 1000s for this game and turning into an even WORSE version of EA, how about they use the money they were given to MAKE THE GAME and errr MAKE THE GAME and then here's a radical idea, they SELL THE GAME and get money THAT WAY. I find these sorts of threads, along with the constant "add ons" highly offensive, you got your money, now provide the product that we paid for. At least EA never charged $1000 for there anticonsumer "fee to pay" games

amaasing and sn0tub like this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

You don't have to buy addon store items, they are just vanity items. I bet you think this song is about you.

7. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I wonder how this affects the guild of the same name. Could be confusing for some.

8. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I look at it this way. The add on store items are giving the community props to help build stories now while the game is being completed. We have a lot of talented citizens of Novia that can share their stories through events. This helps us all to do lots of other things after we are done testing.

Lord Baldrith, smack and Themo Lock like this.
  10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

The games progress is a little more obvious when you log into it, and much of the new items in the store are things that the community has asked for.

11. Womby

Womby Avatar

I would really love to be able to buy a Kobold movie projector and screen (indoor only), that lets me watch short movies that are streamed to my PC and shown on the screen using Unity's render to texture capability. (The projector would be purely decorative, but you could make it so the render to texture only works when the projector is pointing at the screen.)

This would open up the possibility of people making short mini-movies in game that can (after approval by Portalarium - or some player group appointed by them) be sold and collected, much like books.

Themo Lock and Katrina Bekers like this.
  12. aevans

aevans Avatar

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Town Recall will never be implemented. Even the /zone command and the ability to zone to your own property are to be removed prior to launch.

To have any equivalent to the old UO Recall spell would completely invalidate the control points and the concept of regional economies. Anyone that has followed the game closely, and watched the Developer Hangouts (Including the one yesterday) should be aware how key these features are to Richard Garriott. He's not going to allow the implementation of a feature that would subvert them.

Jatvardur likes this.
  14. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Actually they keep mentioning that an equivalent may remain but with a large cooldown and some cost, no idea on details.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'm happy to see more things come into the add in store finally, not that I want to look like a kobald for example, but it is a nice fun thing to put into the game. As much as I like being able to recall, I don't think that ability should be a cash shop item since it would only give those who purchase it a benefit and of course that's too p2w ish. So I would like to see things like the above for purchase, but also craftable versions of course too. Craftable versions of some things could possibly add something to some items, but store bought versions should not be allowed to ever add anything at all including bonuses to any item.

16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

If they weren't putting ALL of funding they collect into Episode I, I'd agree with you. Making more add-on store items would just be a way to make them rich. But that's not what they're doing. They are putting every single dime they have (including the money from new add-on store items) into making the game better.

They never promised to make Geocash Chests in the original Kickstarter, it's a bonus. I think it's an amazing bonus too. What other games have that? So congratulations your game just got better and you didn't have to pay anything else for it.

High Baron Asguard, if you want an unfinished game to play, you can go play it right now in R18 - there's nothing stopping you. But if you want it to be feature complete you're going to have to wait longer. No amount of add-on store silence is going to change that. So relax, you're getting upset about something that frankly doesn't deserve it.

You should be saying thank you to all the backers (including the high backers) for helping to make this game possible. You should be saying thank you to the devs for striving to put great features like Geocashing into the game.

Rufus D`Asperdi and Themo Lock like this.
  17. smack

smack Avatar

I'd be very surprised if the /zone still worked at launch with simply a cooldown, high reagent cost, etc. Control points are such a key factor in gating travel and regional economies. Assuming they still include /zone in any form at launch, I wouldn't be surprised if they limited its utility even further, perhaps by implementing some lore-friendly way to do so. Such as, perhaps, aetheric-whatever-towers-that-allows-for-magic-transportation that are placed at control points. If the control points are not "owned" by players (i.e., the mob siege is not put down), no /zoning will work at all.

But regarding the poll....great list but I only voted for the cosmetic items. Character slots...debatable, as they are currently available with pledges. But /recall directly in the add-on store? That seems P2W to me.

18. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

I am not a real proponent of the Add On Store in general. I realize that is probably not a popular stance, but it is how I feel (and I can already list the names of the folks who will jump on this comment to try to put me in my place - we see it all the time). I would prefer that the majority of the items in the Add On Store be available for In Game purchase which would absolutely not stop players from purchasing them in the store but would allow all players the opportunity to 'work' in game to have fun stuff as well. I realize not everyone understands that not all players have 'deep pockets' to sink into a game. I am fortunate enough to be financially able to put a few bucks here or there in the game, but I really think the whole concept of "you can only get this item if you pay cash for it" is getting totally out of control. Don't get me wrong - I buy my share of Add On Store items and I do think there is a place for the Add On Store much like purchasing a Hat of a different color while the more plain colored hat is still available in game or a Water Well that actually has working parts to pull the bucket out of the well vs the Water Well you could get in the game that just sits there.

Now having put myself out there for the usual characters to blast me out of the Community - I would purchase an Ox and Cart to get my purchases from the Merchants to my house. That way I could carry more items at one time and it would really be more realistic than carrying fences and gates and crafting stations in my backpack.

Ashlynn [Pax] and Net like this.
  19. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Most of what you listed is already in Pledge rewards...

I liked:
    -Tattoos
    -Scars
    -Pipes (I only smoke KGB)

-Voices, we have voices?

Stretch Goals maybe...

Lord Baldrith and Myrcello like this.
  20. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

I like just about everything even if its not my cup of tea,, the fact that someone likes or wants something and it can be possible to have that's just cool.

This list is another great example how sota can create small things that can goo a long with with lots of people .

Most games i buy might meet 40 ish percent of my expectation shooter/RPG/ action adventure.. but all of them miss the little things......

Just my 2 gold pieces ..

amaasing likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.