Future episodes...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortanius, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

It is too early to talk about future episodes, but does anyone here know if they are going to require separate kickstarters? I remember finding some information, through the forums, that said that Episode 1 is going to make it out the door regardless.

I know that in the ideal situation, Episode 1 at launch will sell enough to make enough to take care of the next installment. I guess you could say I am a little worried for the future of the game. Sorry for not bringing a positive vibe. I have fun with the game as is... I don't know how the rest of the general public will receive it. I just hope that the support/ content keeps coming for years to come.

Dewderonomy likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Mac R. Well it probably depends on the funding we get now. It depends a lot on that. Say if the new store items, income from pledges, etc bring in enough cash to fund them all that would be wonderful. I would not worry. The more they add to the game with each release and more cash that the game gets is the best thing for the game right now. So no worries, we are still young and this game is going to happen. But for me Im here through it all. The developers have their eye on the ball;)

smack and Mac R like this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, a lot will depend on how well the game sells at launch. And it is a touchy subject so they're going to have to think this through and how to communicate it if indeed they require one. Plus, ~35% the backers are already entitled to Ep2/3, and ~25% are entitled to Ep4/5 too. So there's no reason for these backers to pledge again, unless there's some exclusive rewards for doing so, and that again is also a sensitive area.

4. Sir Baralis

Sir Baralis Avatar

One area I have been curious about is player owned towns in future episodes. Will current POT owners be given the chance to move their town into new lands or will they have to purchase a new pot (assuming there will be more) to live in the new areas?

I suspect the latter being used as a means to help fund future episodes. However I do worry that as with most games people flock to the new content which may leave many of EP1's pots in low travel areas and away from whats new and exciting.

5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I suspect PoTs will be given the option of moving. Technically, it's easy since they are instances. At worst, I would expect some type of nominal processing fee. I'm less concerned about funding successive episodes as I am getting the game marketed for launch. Steam is a big venue, but doesn't target the demographics this game is being designed for. I'm hoping at least a little of the money accumulated will be set aside for traditional or Internet advertising around launch.

6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I wouldn't doubt individual kickstarters for each episode... if players/guilds have successfully had kickstarters to buy PoTs in this game why not another one for another chapter.

Edward Newgate likes this.
  7. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

The only problem i see here is how much money peaple would than invest, for me iam way over my planned budged. To invest the same again, i dont know if i realy could do that.

Mac R likes this.
  8. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

tbh I would expect the budget for episodes 2-5 to be significantly less than for episode 1, surely the current phase is where the vast majority of development is happening? So the world will already be constructed when ep.1 launches and it seems like the sequels will mainly just be adding story and a bit of extra content derived from what's already in place. If that's the case funding shouldn't be as much of an issue, there will still be the add-on store as well as sales of the game and there probably won't be any need for another kickstarter, but I guess we'll see when the time comes!

Duke Raas and Mac R like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.