Laugh or cry, but..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aenra, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aenra

Aenra Avatar

I made it to Citizen !!!

Was a hundred euro short, was waiting for July to upgrade my pledge ok? Then i hear banks are closing down (here's to me living in Greece of all places..), was like ok, i knew that, got money stashed, got friends abroad just in case it all comes down no worries, so all good. Well figuratively. Then i hear that capital control additionally entails the blocking of any transaction outside the borders..!.. I did not like that, goals are goals, lol.. so i thought i got a few minutes left until Monday "begins", let's try it out anyway! And it worked, payment accepted! Fourty nine minutes prior to the bank system closing down, lol

(got money stashed, am good for some weeks, after that..well, never been to Argentina, seems like now i won't have to..)

Anyway, as stated, whether to laugh or cry, your call..
    I cannot fathom the immaturity behind such an action. Can only glee in knowledge of my having made it! See you online, sometime near launch! As per plan!
    (i hate wipes)

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I am glad you made it! I feel bad for the people who this might harm in your country. I will pray for the best for you all.

Aenra and unicornslady like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Congratulations on your Citizenship (pun) lol. I mean arriving at your citizen pledge tier. ;) Great story, thanks for sharing. I wish you the best. :)

Aenra likes this.
  4. Aenra

Aenra Avatar

Thank you both :)

Ravicus Domdred and majoria70 like this.
  5. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I wish you luck, all of you. In the next few weeks, a lot can happen over there. It would be greatly appreciated if you could keep us updated about conditions and such. If this ends up off topic, please start a conversation with me. Again, best of luck to you.

Aenra and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  6. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I have some good frinds in greece, i realy hope some day greec will get stabel again, its hard hit for the peaple.

7. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

If nothing else, you will be able to sell on the pledge again in other currencies later, if times get really hard; consider it a safe investment as well as a potential source of pleasure in the short term.

This isn't really the place to get into the insane political world view that thinks cutting off someone's legs helps them to run faster, but we live in extra-ordinary times, so who knows what the sensible thing to have done as an individual was? Thus I'm not going to make a call if I'd have done what you did; I'm not sure I even know myself. All I will say is I have my fingers crossed for you and everyone in your country, and I hope New Britannia gives you a bit of escapism you may so desperately need...

Oh, and nice Motorhead quote ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.