Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Resetting Skill points does not allow Crafting points to be distributed

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by clasam, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clasam

clasam Avatar

Not sure it this simply hasn't been implemented yet, but when I reset all skill points, I had a problem with redistribution of points.

I was successful in distributing points toward the combat side of my skills, but when I went to the crafting side of things, no skill trees were visible, and obviously I wasn't able to assign points to any of these skills.

I tried different trainers, in different cities, but was unable to assign anything toward crafting.

I don't know how to attach files here and for some reason, this url doesn't embed :/

http://postimg.org/image/sx8w9jsil/

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Huma Tunarith likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You are correct, it has not been implemented yet. The groundwork has been started, perhaps next release. You can and should add points to your harvesting skills if you intend to use them though. They will help very much with your yield of how many resources you get.:)

Net and Huma Tunarith like this.
  3. clasam

clasam Avatar

Thanks! You have saved me much crying. I only did a little crying :)

majoria70 and Huma Tunarith like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

RELEASE 20, July 30, 2015

• Full Wipe: We are going to make some fundamental changes to item architecture that require us to do a full wipe for Release 20. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please note that if you have been waiting to melt down add-ons, this is your chance to do so as long as you do NOT login once R20 goes live (which automatically claims the items and prevents melt down).
    • Combat Pets & Taming: We will expand pet functionality to include the ability to tame some creatures and have them help you in combat.
    • Encounter Revamp: Random encounters are being reworked to be more engaging experiences, not just ambush scenarios. Additionally, roving encounters (patrolling creatures) will now appear on the overworld map and can be engaged (pulling you into a scene) or avoided if you wish to sneak past.
    • Player Owned Vendors: Players will now be able to place a Vendor on their property to sell goods.
    • Spells & Skills: We will continue to make a pass through the skill trees and add new skills, balance existing skills, and replace less useful skills.
    • Maps: We will continue to polish scenes along the Perennial Coast by converting to dynamic spawning and adding additional content like night-time spawners. We will also be adding a few new scenes; including the Crags Foothills (where players can enter the Etceter Crag Mines) and Desolate Hills.
    • Player Owned Towns: We will launch our island template and the first city using that template will be the Duchy of Dara Brae.
    • Creatures: We intend to introduce the Troll as our first very large creature and we hope to make the combat experience much different than would be found with normal sized opponents.
    • Crafting: Tailors and Alchemists will be able to begin crafting Taming Collars. Additionally, weapons and shields will now display material colors from crafting.
    • Player Made Books: This feature will continue to expand with the addition of Printing (making copies of books) as well as the ability to use Player Made Books as decorations.
    RELEASE 21, August 27, 2015:

• Crafting: Crafting skills will start to come online, and be used during crafting to modify results. Additionally, players will now have the ability to salvage items for materials and components.
    • Combat: The cover system will be introduced and will modify attack and defense values when you (or your target) are behind cover.
    • Maps: Perennial Coast polish will continue and new scenes will come online that expand the story, including the desert town of Desolis and the Chamber of Souls dungeon beneath it.
    • Emote “Teaching”: Emotes will now be teachable to other players. Some emotes (like the ones tied to pledges) will only be teachable by the original owner. Teaching will be done via secure trading.
    • Player Owned Towns: We will continue to expand the number of templates and introduce a new Player Owned Town to the game.
    • Creatures: Dragons will begin appearing in Novia! Burninating will begin. All hail Trogdor, the Burninator!
    • Localization: We will begin crowdsourcing the translation of the game into various languages.
    • Weather: Weather will make a first appearance with rain and snow linked to seasonal changes.
    • Spells & Skills: More new spells, skills, and combos will come online.
    • Control Points: These scenes will now pull you into them automatically if held by enemies
    RELEASE 22, September 25, 2015

• Maps: More polish passes will be made in scenes beyond the Perennial Coast, including the shardfalls and the Graff Gem Mines. We will also continue to expand the story with new scenes including the town of Etceter and the dungeon of Artifice.
    • Housing: Property ownership will now incur regular fees (unless you are using a tax free deed from a pledge). If the fees are not paid, the player will lose their claim, and their possessions (including the house and decorations) will be moved to their bank.
    • Creatures: Our creature list will continue to expand with Chaos Demons and Wisps.
    • Guild Warfare: Guilds will now be able to declare war on each other.
    • Musical Instruments: Players can play music in the game with a variety of instruments.
    • Fishing: Players can begin catching fish in the game.
    • Crafting: Crafting Table quality, location, and calendar will begin to factor into crafting results.
    • Player Owned Towns: We will continue to expand the number of templates and introduce at least one new Player Owned Town to the game.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************
    Oh so sad don't cry. There, there. ;) Ok well perhaps you may cry again. I did check the Quarterly update again and it is saying crafting skills come in for R21, so we keep the zeros. Did you see the quarterly announcement. I love it, even though it does change here and there and sometimes a lot as we go by, but that to me is the fun of being here. So I posted above for you if you did not see it. Yaaay trolls should be interesting to see. **cheers** take care.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.