New POT Questions Based on Latest Update on POT's

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Vyrin, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Part of my problem with being forced as a player to go through one town to get to the next, is the load times. It takes a couple minutes, and when I know I want to go to Queens, but that I have to load Manhatten first, and run across it to the bridge just to load for several minutes again, is frustrating.

Also, In real life, I have to go through the burrows to get to the main city, not the other way around. So this is completely backwards from what makes sense. If I can magically step over half the burrows while on the map to step directly into the center of the city, then I should be able to step directly to any of the burrows from the map as well. Unless the entire cluster were surrounded by a 'city wall', at which point, travelers would be forced to enter through the open gate in the wall. I've seen no evidence of such walls being created or allowed for POTs though..

From a fairness in gameplay standpoint, if there are 'hidden' POTs under layers of POTs with no direct map access, there should be plenty of representation for this in pure NPC city clusters as well.

Off topic here, but now that they basically have the tech for it, I hope there are random fixed adventure scenes on the world map that have 1-3 flat places for lots on them, for the ability to build a lone tavern/inn literally on the road, or a secluded cottage out in the forest. The hex would be a fixed adventure hex, have no banker.. lost items would have to link to the nearest NPC town in the region. Perhaps, since there is little protection in these places, sieges could be much more devastating, leading to the loss of the lot (if a house is destroyed it is put into the nearest bank) if players fail to defend it. These locations would probably often open up to any player with a deed, because living there is so dangerous. I really like the idea of some lots being 'lost' like this, while all items including the deeds would remain safe, simply transferring to your bank, lot access would open up to the next person with a deed on hand.

My assumption, based on the player-driven economy, is that a primary purpose for player housing and player towns is the transaction of goods through vendors. Anyone interacting with a vendor within a POT is what I meant by 'customer'.

With this reasonable definition, most POTs, including PaxLair, will have 'customers'.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Ravicus Domdred, Albus, Vyrin and 3 others like this.
  2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Miracle Dragon, did you ever find out if one could have access in a cluster town AND have access to the overworld. I am in kind of a bind myself. I want to have access to port phoenix but I am a pvp town and I feel now like if pvp'r s are forced to have to run through a whole map to get to the access to my town it will deter travell to my town. PvP'rs in general are an impatient lot and want to find the action right away. So again I ask, if anyone can answer for sure if we can have both access to the overland and access via town hub cluster.

PS. I really like the Idea of clickable buildings on the overhead that will take you to the different individual towns in a cluster. :)

Xandra7 and Miracle Dragon like this.
  3. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Personally, I would never place a house someplace I knew I would have to travel through multiple load screens to get to. I would also probably never visit there, unless guided there directly by a story-based quest.

Miracle Dragon, Vyrin and Xandra7 like this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Having to connect PoT to an existing town is a compromise. What's the comprise between having access to the overworld (not possible anymore based on Port's decision that enough PoTs are already on the overworld map) and not having any more new PoTs for purchase (the only alternative if the compromise didn't ovvur).

They could have said no more PoTs, but instead they said if you really want to have one now, you still can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.