1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 20 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Will we be able to make Scimitars this time around?

2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

@whitewitch

Hidden Vale seems a little odd at the moment. I don't think all of the PoTs listed are even out for access yet.

But yes, Darkstarr said something that they are still working on it.

3. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Impressive work. You guys are a amazing crew... but i reserve the right to compete for biggest troll after release.

4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

WoW, that's a lot of content, Great job... Thanks...

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Undelivered

Undelivered Avatar

Any updates when our crests will be implemented? :D

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I thought they said next hopefully next quarter?

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  7. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

With the removal of focus, what is the advantage of using the deck system instead of the locked deck? I really hope that this does not mean that SotA will switch to a WoW-style hotbar system for combat as this would be one of the worst things that could happen to this game...

Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  8. Albus

Albus Avatar

Exciting stuff pretty much all around, must log in and see it for myself! Hard to believe so much is going in on one release, too much good sounding stuff to focus on one area to be excited about! Trolls, combat stuff, towns, more of map to explore, some emote stuff, whew and more... Thanks team, looking forward to all this but sounds like it will be hard act to follow in R21 :) Ohhh and a new medieval hat, glad to see more of those coming in :D

9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Very exciting stuff indeed can't wait until I get off work to have a look for my self :O
    Although the glyph changes scare me half to death, Can't say much about it until I try I out ;)

Great job as always Dev's!

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Is it 10:30 yet???? :D

Ronan and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  11. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

yes

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  12. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

This update comes as a nice surprise as I had become accustomed to seeing items being pushed back and it feels to me that the devs are really getting serious about the game now with the amount of deliverables they achieved this release.
    I was pleased to see a number of the items I've been waiting for make it into R20, but most importantly tucked away in the notes something that made me very happy with this.

"Banners on Overworld: Going forward only adventure scenes or scenes that have story elements will have banners over them."

I make no secret how much I dislike how player own towns where introduced to the game but this goes a long way to resolving my issues with them as it allows me to visit the areas that contain the content and story elements I'm interested in.
    While Dallas was kind enough to comment on this in a recent update, seeing this in the release notes as something that's going to happen is reassuring and appreciated. I may visit POT's from time to time but for the most part I really just want to stick with what Port has laid out for us.

At any case a really good update.

Atogrim likes this.
  13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You are free to do as you please of course, though i still struggle to understand the problem some people have with PoTs.
    We (the PoT owners, or at least most of us ^^) are trying to creat space and content for you, the players. I can't see something bad there.

Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I think a lot of it comes down to numbers. If there were 20 or so PoTs, like was originally estimated, then there wouldn't be an issue; they would integrate well and not be an issue. With 250 PoTs, it creates a lot of content on the world map that doesn't affect the story at all.

I respect PoT owners who are dedicated to providing space for players, building the community, and hosting events in their towns. This is what is going to make this game fun to play for years, beyond any single story Portalarium might craft for us. But not everyone who owns a PoT has those goals. Towns that are empty except for their owner's house, never have an event going on, or fail to offer even the most basic of services, really don't contribute to the game. And for every PaxLair or Tantalus, there are a few private holdfasts. These are the towns we don't want to see on the map.

Some of this is solved by making those largely unpopulated towns only appear when you are standing on them. Removing banners from PoTs is also a good place to start, although I'd bet that by release any large PoT that is fully populated will get a banner of some sort (perhaps they could color the banner differently to show its a PoT).

Deliverence and Atogrim like this.
  15. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

There are still reasons for playing with dealt glyphs.

1) Combos needs at least one random or dealt glyph.

2) Power combos are still made only with random glyphs.

3) You can fire off yor favorite attacks faster. The wiped everything on QA last night. You start out with locked glyphs in your hand. So I used what I had. I was getting owned by a lot of stuff in the starte areas. I died many times trying to kill a bandit in East Perennial Trail. Then I switched to a dealt deck and started owning him and other mobs.

4) Yo don't have the long cooldown that locked glyphs have. While behind the scenes there is a cooldown before the card is dealt again, as far as I know, because ou can multiple cards in your hand, you can fire that card faster. It may not be there, but you have a lot of choices available when glyphs are being dealt into 10 slots and you have 10 glyphs available. :) Even with 25 that's still a lot of glyphs to choose from at one time.

steanne likes this.
  16. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Nitpick:

You say it will be back up at 10:30 central, but then 1630 UTC time.
    The shard went down at 9:00 central(DST), 1400 UTC, due to daylight savings.
    So which is it? 1530 UTC or 1630 UTC?

I'm assuming someone just did a straight central + 6 hours and forgot about DST, but if you're using UTC you have to remember a lot of timezones have really weird rules to convert to/from, always doublecheck your times!

17. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Servers will be up at 1530 GMT/1030 Central (34 minutes from now)

Mata, Duke Raas and majoria70 like this.
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh is there a place where we can take a look at the new towers? the obisdian i mean....oh and the redone as well ^^

19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Man his takes forever to DL!! It better be good!

20. Stealthy

Stealthy Avatar

Can anyone tell me why my POT Chaos Crossroads is not letting anyone in nor does it have the blue button with the name and the click to enter option like everyone's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.