New to the Game Housing Question

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by LagerthaLokbrok, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LagerthaLokbrok

LagerthaLokbrok Avatar

Hi Everyone

I am brand new to Shroud of the Avatar as of a week ago. I played Ultima on Nintendo and on my 386 in DOS days.

Shroud is awesome!!!

Housing has me confused. My pledge is Ancestor, therefore I have a house and a lot etc etc... but everywhere I have been to so far has no lot available. Are there any lots still available for me and my partner to claim? If so please direct me to where they are. Thank you very much!

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Welcome, Lager! Shroud IS awesome, so glad you've joined us. To answer your question, yes, row lots can be tricky to come by. I'd look here on the forums for players with their own towns who are offering free lots. There's plenty out there, in the Player Owned Towns, but it might take you a little while to meet the players who own them!

Best of luck, and hope to see you in game!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

As margaritte noted, there are plenty of available lots in the Player Owned Towns. Some of those lots are restricted, and require that the town owner unlock them for you, while others are fully open with no restrictions what-so-ever.

You will need to poke around to locate them though, many towns are spread all over the overworld map, and are quite a walk to get to.

If you cannot locate any place, you can pick up a row lot in my town, Glenraas. Look it up on Birko's map (it's pretty secluded) : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/novia-r20.34657/

4. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Welcome LagerthaLokbrok!

Margaritte is correct in that Row House lots can be tricky to find in the main NPC cities such as Ardoris and Kingsport. Outlying NPC towns are Village size and up.

If you cannot find anything from the major city town criers, let me know - I have two PoTs sitting empty right now. At least you'd be able to place your deed and experiment with decorating! With that said, they aren't near Soltown or Ardoris (or any major NPC city) so the location might not be to your liking.

You can find me ingame as Fionwyn Wyldemane.

Mata and margaritte like this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome LagerthaLokbrok!

Duchess Wyldemane likes this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Welcome!
    In addition to what others have already said, one can often find a free row lot in Ardoris in the second half of the month. Lot claims currently expire after two weeks of inactivity (i.e. the lot owner hasn't logged into the game for two weeks and no one with "kindred" permissions has moved anything on the lot in that period). Many players log in only to complete the hat quest and test some of the new features when the new release goes live, then don't come back until the next release. Their abandoned lots become available for claiming again.

7. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Would like to add that (can't remember name) has a thread up listing available lots in NPC towns. Helped me find my town lot :)

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Lagerthat to shrouds. Also Wizards Rest has Row Lots available. I am majoria in game. Whisper anytime. To whisper type 'f' outside of the chat window and type majoria or whoever to and then hit return. Then you can go to the players name and right click for options to whisper etc. Also you can right click another player for those oand more options. If you want to use emotes press the 'o' key outside of the chat window. To pin any window opened just click on the pin. If you lose your chat window just hit enter then pin it if you want. If you are in whsiper or party chat to someone and another person not in that with you walks by and talks to you, you can type /l in the chat window to get back to local for your words ot show also above your characters head. Anyway I just wanted to give you some commands that new people dont always know. I look forward to meeting you in the game.;)

9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community!

Our guild and town has available lots!

Reach out to Kvow.

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

That would be a row lot and there plenty available in PaxLair

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  11. LagerthaLokbrok

LagerthaLokbrok Avatar

Thank you Everyone for your warm welcomes, tips, and offers! :) Looking forward to trying out housing!!

margaritte and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.