Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

What about a critical failure pool?

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

To tone down spamming, what about implementing a critical failure pool?

The lower your level in a skill, the higher your critical failure probability is by default for that skill. As a skill is used repeatedly, the critical fail pool steadily builds, faster for lower levels. As you rest, or are not using that skill, your critical fail pool in that skill steadily decreases. This would prevent the skill from being used repeatedly in a non-constructive manner.

Say you are spamming Healing Touch. After several uses, your critical failure pool would be nearly filled (whatever the numbers should be, I don't know) so the next Healing Touch would cause a critical failure effect which could be losing a percentage of health and increase CD of the spell. Critical fail on Soul Tap: lose a large percentage of focus and increase CD for x-amount of time. Crit failure on something physical: You sprain a limb, increasing the cooldown on the skill significantly for x-amount of time. Just some examples. And this probably would never work, but thought I would toss it out there anyway.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  2. fireflygirl

fireflygirl Avatar

Spamming will not be such an issue at launch, because you go up only if you have experience in your experience pool, Which everyone that played in r20 has a ton of, so at the moment spamming is a thing, but after the next character wipe its not going to be anymore because spam all you want, if you are not killing things too get exp then your skills won't be going up.

3. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Yeah, I know a wipe will really help tone things down. I guess I was inspired by playing Fallout: Shelter where you can opt to rush a job at the risk of a potential disaster. The risk increases the sooner you try to rush again and decreases over time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.