Calling All Town Owners!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Violation Clauth, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty2

Kitty2 Avatar

@Lord Andernut Thank you for the information - I saw that information before, but I was not looking for an "ever-movable" banker... just a possible one-time, set-by-the-town entrance thing, something of that nature. Just for initial town-planning purposes, you know? Novian civil engineering! ;)

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

It says they have a default unmoveable location, which meant the bank building will still have some value as it can be placed anywhere.

It would be nice if entrances to POT scenes can change - though this then comes down to dev time again x100s of POTs.

3. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

In future releases there will be player owned town's available for purchase on the next expansions of the maps. Can those of us poor folk that would like to start a payment plan do that soon. that would allow players who have actively backed this game early on and helped test systems to get in on a pot at current price's. (expectations of pot price increase after release)

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Why is there no deadlines on filling in the Submission Form?

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Are the current limits on the POT dynamic items (that was added in R21) about where you want them?

mbomber and Violation like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If dynamic placement works as intended, will owners be able to change NPC buildings post-launch?

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If all POTs get a crier/bank, will all PRTs and all NPC Towns get one as well?

mbomber, Violation and Miracle Dragon like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Will PRTs get some POI like the foodmarkets in Ardoris or Owl's Head to give them a sense of 'life'.

9. MoriensSeeker

MoriensSeeker Avatar

Question #1: POT owners (even of dynamic POTs) will need to have their layout, decorations and other aspects of their POT finalized before the lot selection process begins, so that potential residents can evaluate different POTs before settling. How will Portalarium facilitate this? Will Portalarium finish these aspects themselves, will POTs start to carry over between wipes, or will there be a special time window and unlimited decoration source (subject to the new limits by town size) for POT owners to do this themselves?

Question #2: How will walls be handled in POTs? Many of us have requested walled towns or fortresses. Will Portalarium offer templates with walls, or will these be objects the POT owner places? Will it be possible for the POT owner to add objects to decorate these walls? What about light sources? There is currently a placeable light source limit by POT size, but towns like Owl’s Head have torches lighting every tower. Will these count towards the light limit?

Violation and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  10. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The question still stands. There should be some way to customize the permanent placement of the crier. Either that or I think it has to put it at the entrance, for fairness, since not all templates are the same and finding a town crier should be intuitive. I.e. Somewhere in the town center (which would be custom), or always at the entrance (standard).

11. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

For the security of residents and POT owners, will there be a lease/rent function added for lots/housing?

Such a function would also allow for lot owners to safely share lot deeds and house deeds with people that do not want to back at the same level as some owners. Allowing for unique housing to be achievable to all players in the game through gold.

mbomber, Violation and Miracle Dragon like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Will POT owners have to recreate their entire towns from scratch on launch day? (thus spending all their time creating and not playing) Yes it's fun, but it seems better for the community if we have some infrastructure developed prior to launch.

mbomber and Violation like this.
  13. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i have a village pot - according to the pot form, i have three items i can place (statues, bones, npc buildings) - on my pot i can only place two. did the amount change?

i do not see a chaos shrine in the list of items for the npc buildings, is that not ready yet?

can we have an added choice of a ring of stones for those items?

14. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Will the point of zone in be changeable in a dynamic PoT if the NPC mandatory banker is not?

Or will the overworld sense the direction a player enters and place them at that proper exit? Enter from north, zone in at north exit.
    Enter from south, zone in from south. Stand in the middle of the geographic area, zone in 'downtown'.

Followup: will the PoT owner be allowed to designate where the ankh placement be? At least ask for a specific template exit to respawn at ... Or the option for the cemetery to take over.

(Duplicate phone edits for the bleh! -- should all be cleaned up now)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I just did an update to the original post. Please read these and fill in my blanks. I want to have this ready to get as many questions/answers in as possible as fast as we can! :D

16. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

The limits for decoration for dynamic towns are extremely small. At town level, you have 80 items to possibly decorate and detail a 1km x 1km space. Will the developers reconsider this limit?

Will we be able to buy and place more npcs and npc buildings through means other than upgrading the town level?

Will the developers please allow me to view and edit my town permissions remotely (perhaps through the U menu) rather than having to walk to a plot in the town to do so?

Will we be able to have an option to add an entire guild to our residents/permissions list at once, instead of player by player?

17. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Will there be variations on NPC buildings?

Row lot style NPC buildings will not fit stylistically with small towns.

Will all game NPC buildings eventually be named after the work being done and not the products sold?

I.e Weapon shop to Weaponsmith

Will there be an NPC shop per crafting table with the NPCs named after the skill they excel in?

Currently we have 3 buildings with the blacksmith station.
    A building with the butcher station.
    A building with the cooking station.
    A building with the loom and tailor station.
    A building with the alchemy station.
    A building with 2 printing presses?

There are no refining NPC buildings. There are no milling, woodworking, tanning, or smelting focused NPC buildings.

Violation and Duchess Wyldemane like this.
  18. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

On the PoT form, there have always been two choices: template and biome. A template would indicate the layout of the landmass and the biome the type of environment occurring on that landmass. And yet it appears to have all been rolled into one thing. Will we ever have the ability to mix and match where we choose a landmass (template) and then the type of environment (biome)?

19. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

This is not what I asked.
    I asked if we would get a couple of hours of a developers time to tweak our towns. What you have there implies I want time to customize.
    I also asked if our towns would always be dynamic. I want to know if there is a plan to make the towns static at some point, or if I will forever have the option to move things around.
    What you have there implies I want an option to make my town static. I'm not asking for any options. I'm asking what the plan is.

Violation likes this.
  20. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

With the tentative success of dynamic towns, will existing scenes like Kingsport, Ravensmore, Solace Bridge, etc. be accessible as templates?
    Has that city sized placement block been overcome with the design of the dynamic lot placement tool?

Violation likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.