Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I don't like the mob leashing AI

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Here's the formula we're using right now.

We give players the ability to out run anything. Then we make mobs leash the moment players get to a safe distance (which is no very far because of the lack of range with all our weapons).

The leashing is comically fast and results in mobs being full health by the time you get back to them. It's really frustrating and I'd much rather die than play back and fourth with things I probably can't kill anyway. So why not cut out the middle man?

Turn leashing (as we know it today) off.
    Make players run slower or mobs run faster.
    Stop the instant healing by mobs when they return back to their home.
    Make healing only work for players when they're not moving.

That's a better more balanced and more immerssive formula in my opinion. Will it result in more player deaths? Yes, but it should also result in less player frustration (and less eye rolling at the AI) overall.

Retro and lock426 like this.
  2. lock426

lock426 Avatar

I couldn't agree more. My way of fighting in this game (fire and fall back more or less) is rendered useless by this leashing. I can only get off 2 or 3 hits before most enemies run off. The only way to play solo as a ranged character is to run backwards in a circle around them. I also can't stand that when I snipe an enemy, If they can't find a path to me it automatically does 0 damage. Both of these problems make the only viable way to fight close quarters.

Edit: only viable way to fight in PvE

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    chunderbun likes this.
  3. crydee

crydee Avatar

I found this very frustrating as a melee character, and my australian ping probably didn't help either as sometimes I thought I was next to the enemy, but he had probably moved by the time my attack went off. It takes forever to chase down a mob, and then if it is an undead mob, it self-resses and you get to do it all of again!! argh! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.