PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Not sure why you would ask that. Breaking the ToS would have nothing to do with a ban command.

Adding extra rules is the area of concern. Is full loot PvP POTs available? What if I wanted my POT to be full loot. Since there is no mechanic to allow for this it must go by the honor system. Get killed and trade your stuff. Someone not playing by that rule could be asked to leave. What if they don't.

2. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

What are the options now? You risk lose 1 item right? What are the risks for PVP pot? If you can make people not want to pvp in pvp town then why have a pvp town? For gustball?

3. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

There is no topic precisely on this point. And it's better like this. People would be disgusted to hear that. PvE and PvP are two very different style and mostly, there are exceptions, this option goes against the values that makes the heart beat of a PvP player.

Im out !

Harmony2 likes this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

1 item, just like the rest of PvP. So if a POT wants it different, 0 items or full loot. They have no method of enforcing any rules different than what is already in game.

5. Boy_Graham

Boy_Graham Avatar

If you dont want to go to PVP towns, dont go.. period.. I for one do not want to see a bunch of towns with players blocked from them. If you want to hang out with your friends in a PVP town and not be attacked and pretend like you are really PVPing.. wait for the "Friends Online" option..

I have kept quiet for most of this.. but this kind of stuff is going to ruin the game. You have no interest in PVP.. so your opinion should not matter whatsoever on the subject. All of you non-PVPers please just let us do what we want with our towns.. If you dont want to come to them.. thats fine.. we wont miss you..

Ravicus Domdred and Harmony2 like this.
  6. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

then why is it not the same rules as a shardfall. there are no bans in shardfall.

7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    thank you!

8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

What does that have to do with the topic?

A shardfall is a location, it could be used for an event, but the rules are clear. Anything goes.

The difference is you can not purchase a shardfall.

The value of a POT is the ability to build a community of like minded players. Just as you wouldn't go to a shardfall if you didn't like the rules why would you be in a POT with rules you didn't like.

Xandra7 likes this.
  9. Boy_Graham

Boy_Graham Avatar

In my opinion, the overworld should be open PVP and if you dont want to fight.. stay in your "non-PVP" town.. or any "non-PVP" NPC town. Or maybe the Hidden Vale can remain non pvp.. for me that would be ideal.. irrelevant I know..

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  10. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

Idea wise it would be good to has conformative areas of pvp. If there are special pvp areas then they need to be labeled as such as pvp people will get the wrong idea and get banned for doing pvp. Maybe make those towns invite only or hide them

Boy_Graham likes this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

So having an open world POT that invites all that are willing to participate within the POTs rules is not an option? If you are saying there is no method of knowing the rules of the POT. That's of simple fix. If you are saying POTs should not have their own rules. Why own a POT.

12. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

exaclty, why own a PvP pot if you do not want to follow pvp rules. We agree.

13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Are you sure we agree?

Shall we have everyone list what they think the rules of PvP are and what they think they should be?

Bet you will find a huge range of differences.

14. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

As I understand it. There is a basic ruleset for pvp. You flag. You can attacked. If your town is pvp enabled and you don't want some people to be attacked, then you need to let people that are pvp enabled know it. You are suggesting pvp lite. You can attack some people but not all people. You choose and if you attack the wrong people we will ban you. You need to post rules or invite only/hide from world map.

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I am not suggesting PvP lite, you are drawing that conclusion on your own. I might start thinking you don't like the idea of people PvPing in different ways than your stands for PvP.

I am pointing out that when someone purchases a POT the community in that POT will likely be built on a specific play style.

So to go with your PvP lite conclusion. What if the PvP POT thinks ALL of SotA is PvP lite and institutes rules to make PvP more hardcore. Such as full loot.

Now I am suggesting hardcore PvP not PvP lite. Does it change anything? Should a POT be able to have PvP lite if that's what they wish? The POT wouldn't exist if those people didn't create it.

16. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

The power of pots should not be able to break core rulesets. Period.

17. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

If you want pvp lite, then go to a pve town, and flag yourself. That is pvp lite

18. Boy_Graham

Boy_Graham Avatar

If they do not want to PVP they should not be flagged or in open PVP period.. or again wait for "Friends Online".. they can hide there.
    I dunno... maybe you want to live with your friends?

Ravicus Domdred and Harmony2 like this.
  19. Hit Girl

Hit Girl Avatar

I have to go attend to my children, I expect a full amount of PvE replies. I back later.

Boy_Graham likes this.
  20. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'm not even sure what you are saying here. I have no intention of going on another forum to discuss this game, nor do I care about their opinions there. Since they won't know anything about how towns work, the only judgement they can make is based on the limited information we provide them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.