I love the Challenge of the Hat quest in R22

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sold and gone, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Bones13 [MGT] and Epona like this.
  2. Citizen WarmCat

Citizen WarmCat Avatar

I didn't like this one at all I'm afraid.
    Putting the tour guide with all those ghosts was a ridiculous idea in my honest opinion.
    When you die (and you will, no doubt about that), most of the tunnels are completely black, so you can't find your way to the ankh 99% of the time.

Don't bother unless you have a group.

Epona likes this.
  3. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

To be honest I found the R21 quest a lot harder...That Phoenix was frying groups of players left and right, as you practically had to run past him to get to the final tour guide. It was so hard that the Devs eventually had to move the guide to somewhere safer!
    On hindsight probably putting a tour guide right next to a high level boss probably wasn't a great idea, unless you wanted to see a player barbecue!!!

Epona likes this.
  4. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Hope the next one has 10 tour guides each sealed behind 100 layers of rocks you have to break through, behind each layer of rocks is a room lighted only by phoenixes and covered only in poison water filled with slimes. The final quest guide guarded by a dozen dragons. And once you get to that tour guide he says "Hello." the first 1,000 times instead of recognizing you or your pile of corpses as he is a zombie tour guide that infects you with the virus upon clicking on him. You have to cure the tour guide by creating the Elixer of Life, a solution only rumored to exist, the main ingredient being 100 gold ore ingots. The secret ingredient being every previous tour guide hat grinded down to a fine powder and injected with an even more secret ingredient. A 10,000 gold coin bribe later the secret will be revealed.

5. Sianna Thorne

Sianna Thorne Avatar

Yes! I don't want the hats just handed to me. I like having to work for it. I got the R21 hat before they moved the phoenix. I was a little upset that they made it easy but I appreciate the hat more for the effort it took.

6. Epona

Epona Avatar

I don't mind the difficulties, but I do think the hat quest should be equally doable by all players and not so draconian. Via a hat quest we can still visit areas we haven't explored before, but all players deserve to be able to achieve the goal.

And, there could be more difficult goals and quests for vet players or those with high level skills. Challenges are exciting and gratifying.

7. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

They had moved the tour quide in that zone by the time I ran it. I died 3-4 times looking where the quest guide HAD been. One of the times I rezzed at the Ankh, I noticed the tour guide way down there.

8. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

The idea for the Quest is to let us visit new areas or areas not often visited ( perhaps for testing purposes ) ..
    If its too hard then some users ( lower level users ) may stop and not go forward which would defeat the devs intention..

I suggest both -- One version of the hat ( eg...4 spots to visit ) and another version of the hat when you reach the extra advanced spot ( eg...5th spot ) ( advanced spot which will add a special sign on the Hat indicating your accomplishment )

This way all ( including beginners ) will visit the Dev's intended spots and for those of you who like a challenge then there is a special version of the hat that replaced the previous won hat.

PS: I am NOT suggesting 2 actually hats just the one, when you complete the advanced quest it turns the previous hat into an advanced hat. ( by adding a special logo onto it )

9. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

did any one try to stealth into it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.