Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Need Feedback: Please explain Vanish/Shadow Form & Camouflage/Silent Movement

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Waxillium, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

1) Why would I cast Vanish when I can cast Shadow Form and move immediately?
    2) Why would I cast Camouflage when I can cast Silent Movement and move immediately?
    3) What does the "range" of Shadow Form and Vanish effect as it's a caster only spell? Does it change when PvE mobs see you?
    4) Why can't I actually sneak up on something to stab it in the back? Why are things seeing me when I look invisible?
    5) I can sneak attack white named creatures but they behave like they know I'm there. Should they not move away from me when I'm "invisible"?
    6) Cast Camouflage + Silent Movement + Vanish + Shadow form and they show 0.6, 0.7, 0.5 and +0 stealth. Does having 1.8 stealth mean anything? Why did Shadow Form give +0?
    7) What does .x stealth mean?
    8) Should a person have both Silent Movement and Shadow forms buffs up to be an effective assassin?
    9) Once I go into stealth is it a bug that I need to wait for the cool-down timer to end before I can enter combat mode? Seems buggy.

2. Magnnus

Magnnus Avatar

As for 3, Shadow Form and Vanish can be cast on other players now.

KuBaTRiZeS, Katrina Bekers and Kvow like this.
  3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Hi @Chris

This post is collecting more likes than answers. When you have the time could you please help us out?

The way these skills are currently behaving I'm not overly drawn towards trying out a back stabbing cave dwelling rogue. I'd like to be!

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

One thing I was wondering about Camouflage and Silent Movement if someone could answer this. I looked at the skills and noticed the requirement is "light armour" so does that mean you can't use the skill if wearing no armour?

Kvow likes this.
  5. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I had someone test and confirm for me that you cannot use the Camouflage/Silent Movement skills in no armour which seems a bit silly to me. I think the requirement should be "light armour or lighter" or perhaps sneaky and some other movement skills should be on their own skill tree.

Kvow likes this.
  6. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

The Lunar spells can be used when wearing heavier armour and cast on others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.