Time and availability is running out.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greyfox, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

LOL - no, just the lots. I don't have many deeds.

2. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

I know I want a city lot and the airship home. I waited too late to start the "trickle" investment game, so I am just SOL myself. But had I just jumped in to begin with I could have purchased store-credit as time went on and been fine. I'll just have to accept whatever in-game recourse I can find.

Forest Dweller likes this.
  3. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Well Monkey. I'll be renting both out in game for gold at a very reasonable price. I'll even give you the substantial Monkey discount. Hard to determine the exact price until we know the taxing structure and going rate, but I can guarantee will be cheapest in the lands unless someone is renting "below" cost.

I'm envisioning if the tax on a City deed is 1000 gold per month, renting it out with a house such as the airship for 2000 gold. At least until the airship becomes flyable, than I'll have to give you a 30 day notice to vacate. :)

4. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

20 City Lot-Deeds

5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It will be very interesting to see where the taxes end up being. It was said in the past that taxes on town and city lots would be hard for one player to maintain. That's yet another reason I like the row lots. Taxable Town and City lots are probably going to be for guilds or families. But as you said no one knows for sure yet, we'll have to wait and see.

6. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

This comment really bothers me. Come release this game will live or die based on how good it is and how well received it is by the wider gaming community, not because someone who spent a lot of money felt their investment was devalued. While some people have contributed a lot individually to get the game made (which is very much appreciated!) there won't be an EP2 if only a few people are playing it.

rune_74, Numa and Arpana like this.
  7. Numa

Numa Avatar

Now THAT bothers me. The only way I can see that kind of perception mitigated is to have NPC inns at NPC cities and towns - just like in the classic Wizardry series. With weather factors coming in, sleeping under the starry skies may not be that attractive. Inkeeper as a player profession also sounds good to me.

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I brought this very thing up in another thread. I was told I was wrong. I guess I'm not the only one who read that as well.

Epona and Eriador like this.
  9. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I must be spending time on the wrong gaming forums. I mentioned SotA once in a "what games are you playing?" thread. The only response was that someone bought in to it, but was waiting for full release before playing so as to not spoil anything. I've seen no other mention, and certainly no discussions. Then again, I'm probably the only one around who sim races, plays pen and paper RPG's and computer RPG's. I know my fellow sim racers think I'm weird.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  10. Numa

Numa Avatar

My worry about this perception of "SOTA is for rich kids" is that it might lead to a situation. The one where people do join up and we end up with a nasty virtual class war. That kind of thing is never any good for anyone.

rune_74 likes this.
  11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Exactly.

Numa likes this.
  12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

For those interested in buying a lot deed for their own use and not to sell, it would be useful to know what, if any, mechanics the game will have for quick travel home. :confused:

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Have to consider that a lot of players are already signed up to the next releases so unless the game appeals to the masses more funding will be required. I fully expect a episode 2 kickstarter.

You also have to consider where things are currently being pitched......most micro transactions in games are a few $......... Here we are talking about hundreds. The current funding model is likely to be focusing on the top 5-10% of spenders in the game.....lose that funding without ways to replace it and yes there could be issues for future episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.