Trees? Can we grow them ourselves or are they purchasable only in the Add on store?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sold and gone, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    In the end, all I want is dead creepy trees! How I get them is for them to decide! :)

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

With hang men and skeletons dangling on them from nooses?

3. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I'm fine with waiting for such a system in future episodes, my fear is just it being ruled out completely just so they can sell plants in the shop. I'm totally OK with unique or super special plants being sold in the cash shop but not more general things.

4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

yes of course! Duh! :D

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I just want to be able to decorate my theme town as I want. Yes it is a bit selfish because the majority of players want beautiful items. I want an undead scene however, and a place for the less than virtuous. I will make do however with what I have, but I need to ask for it anyways! :)

6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Nah, I just want dead creepy trees, hanging skeletons is over the top, not looking for earthling-halloween-decos, I'm looking for realistic permanent creepiness so peeps stay away from my house (except to buy from my vendor).

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Dead creepy trees are good even for more virtuous places that have a more stark feel to them :D Btw there are some barren trees in the game already in some snowy scenes.

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Trees with hollows wherein the wild you can find things, and in your home you can store things (And occasionally find a critter like a squirrel or an owl)

9. Forest Dweller

Forest Dweller Avatar

And wands!

Bark and leaves for magical potions, or powerful reagents.

I've always been the same. In UO, I had a preponderance of dead places: graveyards, crypts, ruins...especially love haunted ruins. I still have a Addam's family sort of house on Pac. I don't like the Halloweeny look, with skeletons, &c., but something highlighting the dead. I do both virtue and anti-virtue. :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  10. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes branches for wands and staves. Plus certain tree barks also produce dyes.

Btw, I'm wondering if we'll ever see trees change with seasons -- lose their leaves, etc -- and how this will work with add-on items.

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

leaves, mulch, hrm, good for the agriculture!

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Forest Dweller like this.
  12. Forest Dweller

Forest Dweller Avatar

Great idea, Redfish! Wands, staves!!!! And naturally-coloured dyes. :)

If the devs go with seasons, it's going to be absolutely incredible! I was near...I think..Solania, and saw autumnal leaves and trees and I was literally swooning in bliss. I thought how magical it would be if the devs brought in a fall landscape. "Devs, please!!!"

Bonfires for the peasantry!

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Fall and winter landscape! Plus spring for blossoms on the trees, followed by the fruit -- but even non-fruit bearing trees (or with non-edible fruit or nuts) might have blossoms. And then the petals fall to the ground just like the leaves in the fall, so the grass might be covered with white petals from the trees.

14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

cherry blossom, apple blossom! They are so beautiful, I do think you are on to something here redfish!

Forest Dweller likes this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw, they'll eventually have to find us a way to climb large trees (and cliffs and mountains and walls), or i'll be very upset.

[​IMG]

Ahuaeynjgkxs, smack, Logain and 2 others like this.
  16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That sounds so incredibly limiting and negative Raz... if someone at portalarium likes that project, I can assure you it is quite easy to code with Unity as the object based interface and material infrastructure allows such things without even knowledge in programming. It won't impede the developpement process please stop with that propaganda !

The only issue I can see at one point @redfish is that the world contains so much items so much birds so much dynamic things that the server can't handle it (aka : costs too much, cause server companies are happy to give you bigger clouds) which is why I've been insisting on changing the database models and AI distribution schemes. I'm sure we'll get there sooner than later.

So impossible isn't english dear Raz, just wait and see if you don't agree, let it be !

17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well Richard did mention fruit trees being assoicated with agriculture. I think we'll see things in game and creatable/growable by players being on the top of the list. The point about addon store stuff has been brought to the Devs attention. I know they heard. So I am not debating that. I love the idea about dead trees also for eerie atmosphere or also because it did not get watered on purpose:eek: ;) I would love to hear more on agriculture features. So we wait as with all systems for the what's next to be added *paces floor and stops to sit and taps fingers on desk*

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

+1 to climbing trees in future releases.;)

Forest Dweller and Lord Baldrith like this.
  19. Zassik Dreadmort

Zassik Dreadmort Avatar

I really hope we can grow all kinds of things....bushes, trees, flowers, etc.

I hope it isn't only a cash shop thing. That'd be pretty crappy. I'm. It against a cash shop since it helps pay for developement of the game but if all these things continue to only be available for real world money then it kills half the fun of crafting.

20. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Be good halloween theme.. Everyone got to have their "Hangmen out and dangling" hehehehhe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.