Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Add on Store Frustration- Think small and increase Sale!

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Myrcello, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I just want a simple Log Cabin to place on a Village lot (with Fireplace or Woodstove) Id definitely buy that as would many others, the OP has a point I own a village lot and can hardly place stuff, if i do its by luck (the Elf house and the crypt) took awhile to find a place where it would fit!)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

It would be nice to have tree packages with only the smallest trees. A mixed package would be ideal - one tiny tree from each of the tree packages. As is, the larger trees are useless for village lot owners. At the next wipe I am melting down the trees I have already bought.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

True.

4. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

And here, I just want to by a vowel.

This is internet wit folks, you won't find better.

5. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Agree. Can't place the 3 and 4 story trees. Cannot walk around the 2 story ones. I will probably keep the little guys but sell off the rest. It would be great to have an assortment of the smaller ones from each species.

6. Nastor

Nastor Avatar

While its about wasting space... ;)

It would be nice if the village houses wouldnt waste so much space in hight. They are high enough to allow a second or in some case even a third floor, which would allow more room for gimmicks. I think its weird, that I have to place a row house on a village lot only to have more room, especially since the row house is smaller and not really that much higher.

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

LOL 1st time I agree with everyone here :) I wish they would also consider making houses like the village ones (as an example), upgradeable ... So when I can afford it, I can build up and add a second floor, then a 3rd then a 4th would be nice. That way I get to keep my nice village home and expand it when I can afford too .... I also want to be able to paint the rooms different colors and have different type flooring. ANd would be nice if i can paint the outside of my house if its wood ... etc ;)

8. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Agree with Op's post 100%

9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Great suggestion. We are looking into which items now.

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Lot's of good thoughts on this thread...

As I too have faced this I thought I'd toss a couple more thoughts on:

One thing that would help would be a "showroom", there could be an instance we'd zone into and see the items and then make our choices.

The Hometown Island is kind of like this (would be nice if on the website there was a mention that the houses could be seen there) where you can go walk through the various houses available. Then how about a "pick six" option for things like trees, bushes etc.? We could choose a six-pack of the sizes that work for us. I bought Elder bushes the other day... I was thinking for my Village size house...wow, the large not only overpowered the village house.. it was (for me) too big for my 2 story town lot house.
    Trees; I like supporting the make a difference charities, sooo, I bought the puzzle tree package. WOAH I had no idea how large the biggest trees were... completely took over the front yard where I'd placed the house; I spent HOURS locating a lot I liked...the views were important to me... when I placed the tree however.. that great balcony view went bye bye. Again a pick six option would take care of this problem.

Something else...I really like the Elven Hill house; it would have been nice though if I'd known (before decorating) that the footprint took up the entire back of the lot as well as the sides. LOL Now if I want to retrieve my windmill generator, I'll have to undo everything since it is now buried somewhere under the house.

FWIW, I originally had purchased the 3 story rustic for a village lot but once I had it.. something just didn't feel right. My friend Leila Kin came to look and said "omg... it's depressing... there are no windows". How about putting windows in those; also...make the interior conform to the exterior. The 3 story rustic has a dormer over the side door.... on the outside...it's non existent on the inside.

Moving along, as I said I like m Elven Hill...but how about making the windows open? When I looked at the Viking house which is similar... somebody had thought of that and indeed those windows open.

I don't want to write "War and Peace" here but there is another space issue... this one with row houses. The floor space on the upper floors is largely wasted. Why? well in part because of the stairwell placement. You have a wide stair and then you cross over to go to the next floor... so you have two stairwells (along with the incredibly think wall) taking up virtually all the floor space. A redesign with the stairs at the rear would be one possible solution... in any event, a little attention to these details would greatly enhance the experience of housing.

ok, It was going to be my 2 cents.... I'll stop here at a quarter;p

11. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

12. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i've been thinking... what about garden gnome size statues? placable indoors and outdoors, on shelves, tables, floors, desks....

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

Obsidian tower paper weight/troll bookends FTW!

14. Kit Kimberlin

Kit Kimberlin Avatar

Instead of presized deco items in the store how about trees, bushes, statues etc have a user slider mechanic to enable anyone to resize items as they see fit. No need for unused items clogging up inventory and unhappy or reluctant purchasing. This would allow everyone to enjoy all their items and a lot less waste. I bet sales would go up considerably if this was the case. Those giant dragons are not gonna sell, but those resizeable ones will outsell what is currently offered.

15. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

would Unity allow for an in-game player to modify the assets to that degree? if so, i'm all for it!

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Yes it would... :)

Duchess Fionwyn likes this.
  17. Womby

Womby Avatar

Yes I agree, it would be simple enough to do that in Unity, although of course the number of polygons would not reduce with size. A tiny desktop Obsidian tower would require just as much effort to render as a full sized one, so we wouldn't want to get carried away.

Also, it would have to be empty of furnishings (and people!) before you shrank it.

Hmm. Perhaps I could start a collection of shrunken heads...

18. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

@Womby someone once offered housing in glass globes - that seems VERY similar to this idea, now that you bring in furnishings and people...

then again, maybe thats how we get our shrunken heads.. toss the trophies in a house, shrink the house, then open a door and shake it till the change falls out.

19. Womby

Womby Avatar

It should be possible to implement a Land of Giants by automatically halving the dimensions of all avatars who enter the scene. :)

(Reversible on exit, of course.)

20. Numa

Numa Avatar

And backers who buy small stuff graduate to bigger stuff later on. Just look at me - I started out with an Immortal Adventurer pledge and the cheapest stuff in the Add-on store. Now I'm at Ancestor level with enough stuff to make an elephant collapse. Make it easier for regular backers to make that climb by making small & affordable stuff available. Those people will be among your most loyal backers in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.