Buying / Selling / Trading Pledge Items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JustinNW, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustinNW

JustinNW Avatar

Hello All,

Been playing for a few weeks. Not long enough to experience a release that wipes characters yet.

Curious to know what gets wiped during the releases. I've purchased and traded for pledge items (houses, lot deeds) and add-on items (tools of prosp.) in game at the public vendor. Is is a waste of time because they will revert back to their original owners after a wipe?

I've searched high and low for this info. Sorry if it's a repeat topic. Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Rusty

lollie and Mata like this.
  2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Aye, they will go back to the original owners every wipe until lot selection time, which is around 2 weeks before release date, then any pledge item someone trades/sells you, you can keep. Right now everything gets wiped except your pledge items every wipe.

Mata likes this.
  3. JustinNW

JustinNW Avatar

Explains why some nice items are selling "cheap". Good to know we aren't playing for keeps ATM.

Thanks

Epona and Mata like this.
  4. Musou

Musou Avatar

Yea I just threw my stuff on AH for random amounts of penny's. It's a good time to take on all thing that are to challenging and not worry about failing/ breaking gear or bank box. Wipes seem to b every few months. This time I figured out a bit more and each rerouter I learn so much still ha!

Epona and Mata like this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome JustinNW!

Epona and lollie like this.
  6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

If we put the things we purchased from vendors with in game gold before the wipe back into our bank will they still be there after the wipe. Is it a waist of time to purchase items for our POT except for the ones we purchase in the add on store?

7. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Unless you bought something with real money or credit in the store (pledge/add on/stretch goal/etc.), it will go away the end of October. I estimate at least 3 more such wipes, minimum, after that.

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

thank you ...not good but I appreciate your answer.

Epona likes this.
  9. Epona

Epona Avatar

It's tough to say good-bye to your character, skills, and all you've built up, but that is the way it will be for a while. I feel a bit like Sisyphus, rolling a boulder up the hill only to watch it roll downhill again. What can I say? Drink wine. LOL At least it's not for eternity. ;)

Vaentorian likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome JustinNW. I am happy for now that we can share our extra pledge items. It really helps new people to get to also try out things in the game. I am majoria in the game please friend me if you'd like I don't have any deeds left but some spare houses if you ever would like to have any of them. One thing as far as I know our friends list will survive the wipe unless they let us know differently.:)

Epona likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.