please add six million dollar stretch goal to abandon dual scale map

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by dweebothegeek, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busker

Busker Avatar

gotcha

2. Master Kush

Master Kush Avatar

Any chance you will have a choice of zoning to another area, instead of moving to overland? Once a bunch of areas are right next to each other.

Tahru likes this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

There are a handful of places this happens (like going from the Ravensmoor Ruins into the Ravensmoon dungeons) or how all the underworld scenes are linked.

I hope to see more of this. In the Vale I'd like to see the North/South/West/Deep Ravenswood maps linked for example.

4. Gadgets

Gadgets Avatar

I must agree with the original poster. And while I'm still very green to this game, the Overworld map is a huge turnoff to me from the moment I left the 'Battle for Solace Bridge.' Not only are the random attacks/encounters increasingly annoying (especially when traveling with a party), but the Overworld map is killing my immersion and imaginative process as I travel through New Britannia. Better with optimized loading times? Fine. But the entire concept just isn't for me, personally.

Shavier likes this.
  5. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

I am for the overhead map, its not a immersionbreaker for me, if protalarium reduces loading times to a minimum and add bit more fluff to it, as travelling merchants and monster encouters that make sense. etc etc. Better this, than an open world - which first maybe is the immersion hero - but then gets meaningless after a while and ends up as an empty space. I´ve seen it so many times.

With the overhead map its possible to add many, many different looking and feeling areas, in a relativly short amount of time. Combined with short loading times this kicks ass for shure! After all, the overland map feels a litte bit like the old Ultima Online and I am shure it will visually improve to just feel damn right!

AND: Its a base feature. Portalarium will not change it, couse the whole game wraps around it. So get used to it ;)

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Hate your idea..... everyone should have a shot at owning a mount without having to pay up the ying yang for one.... and breeding rights? no way.... these things is what will drive people to this game in the long run, among other things like houses etc... If the only way to get them is by paying ridiculous prices in game from greedy people selling them, then that would turn off a lot of potential customers.... special mounts, houses, etc that you can't get in game, goes into the games store for reasonable prices, so they can make money that way from a lot of players over the years, and not just the chosen few. Not everyone is born with a silver spoon, (no pun intended) But like I said, special mounts and horses and maybe scrolls to enhance certain abilities like crafting or Animal taming could be sold in games store.... etc...

maybe there needs to be better incentives for stretch goals, like for the horses .... you get Nightmare etc

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I didn't say "mounts" I said "horse mounts".

People could get whatever mount they wanted, other than horses.

8. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

lol I was talking about horses in general for mounts .... Horses should never be for 1 set of people period.... everyone should be able to get Horses in game and in cash store. Cash store for special mounts.... Horses should not be for the privileged few only.... I can afford a lil more for Horses, but not everyone can.... So Horses IMHO should be for all ... ty :)

wagram likes this.
  9. wurok

wurok Avatar

There is a game that i dont remember the name in which there are a lot of rooms linked to each other .
    I think this could be a solution instead of the dual scale map.
    I would prefer going from a room to another linked together even waiting for a little time instead of this dual map that kills the atmosphere of this game!
    Maybe placing doors here and there to access to the different location of the rooms would be an idea.
    I hope that when the game will be finished would look like this , but it is only my dream :)

I think it is the same for developers having a lot of rooms instead of the dual map .
    Infact they can be modified easly as well. they are not a full open world maybe full of bugs and slow if i have understoood the problem.
    I think the dual map is useful now beacause there are not so many scenes to link each other.
    But in the future.... who knows...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.