1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 2015 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

But that does me no good if they wait until January to extend it. I could *start* on Citizen level, but it's $100/mnth at the moment. If it was extended now until say, August (just an example), I could probably afford to start payments.

But curse that airship sale...it haunts my dreams.

ship2, Solazur and mbomber like this.
  2. Austin90

Austin90 Avatar

The importance of Seasonal items in a pre-alpha game is baffling. Seasonal items - great idea, but maybe not so much until the game is released?

Sir Cabirus and Logain like this.
  3. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

But seasons have been around much longer than the game and might even outlast SOTA (I hope not). So it makes perfect sense to have seasonal sales. The decorations can be used now and after launch. Come join in the fun friend. PM me your email and I'll send you a nice witch hat. (After I wake up)

Mac R and 4EverLost like this.
  4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

They raise money for the game, and they help build the community.

Elwyn, Mac R, Sean Silverfoot and 3 others like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Funding.

This game is not just being developed, it's being funded. That's something a lot of people don't really have a strong grasp of. Normally when you play test a game it's already been funded and largely developed in anticipation of a launch. That's just not even close to what's going on here.

The average joe expectation of "here's my money, where's my near finished game" is not applicable.

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Hell yeah. Actually I just was waiting/begging that few weeks ago, when the "second lot" pledge levels were near to end, but didnt happend until now. And now... well, I lost the second lot and the next tier level is a little big expensive for me to afford is that few months in this moment, even if they extended a little bit the payments. So finally I didnt jump.

Is it hard to be poor in Sota now, right?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  7. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

Full Wipe! Woohooo!!!

8. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

Thank GODDESS. I just got a puppy in RL and I've had enough peeing on the rug for many lifetimes in many worlds.

Logain likes this.
  9. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

My son (31) just graduated with his game design degree. His skills are off the charts and he got FOUR job offers during his final portfolio show. He had already agreed to a one-year contract with a company he has been doing side work for during his last six months in college. His specialty is texturing, UV mapping, lighting, and something he explained to me I had never heard of that takes a large graphic (like 1mg) and turns it into single digit bytes. Apparently it's the newest thing. I have BEGGED him to apply at SoTA but he won't consider living in Texas. Darn kid. He was BORN there. *laughs*

10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not EVERY port staffer is in texas. ask if they might have a month or two on-boarding and then let him telecommute. can't hurt.

monkeyrogue and Katrina Bekers like this.
  11. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

*cough*robots*cough*

ship2 likes this.
  12. ship2

ship2 Avatar

Is the last name thing optional or configureable? I plan to have a first and last name for my crafter (eg: Jason's woodworks) with other names for other toons (which would not work with a last name of woodworks)

I don't understand why you would hard code this rather than let people do as they wish. Someone determined to hide their alt identity would just forego surnames.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  13. ship2

ship2 Avatar

Har thank God they didn't. The cost and the "click the committed button to find out what the monthly service charge is" is the only thing keeping me from that pledge.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  14. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

I know ship. If I could extend my.payment time (even if I don't get the pleadge stuff until it's fully.paid) further out, I'd commit now to paying it. I just have a very very limited budget at the moment due to RL (surgery is NOT fun...be kind to your bones)

Eriador, ship2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. ship2

ship2 Avatar

I'm truly sorry to hear that man. I pray the surgery goes well and you come out better than before!

16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I am with you and... hope you will feel fine very soon, hairy human!

17. monkeyrogue

monkeyrogue Avatar

Oh I'm already out. On the mend. Doing muuuch better now.

I just missed a ton of work before hand, and still am. Such is life. I am fortunate. I have a good job to go back to.

Rhiannon, Eriador and ship2 like this.
  18. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

A dev isn't likely to answer this question, so I'll try to help.
    Originally, we were to have only one character slot. Richard's intent was that our decisions would have consequences, and you had to live with them.
    Players were agitating for additional character slots, so a compromise was made. We got additional character slots, but they would share reputation, so you could not escape your choices.
    There never was any "freedom to explore the world with friends without worried your going to mess up your main characters pure virtue while grouping with some people you want to explore the darker side with".

19. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

You wanna play both sides of the coin...purchase another account.

Elwyn and Rampage202 like this.
  20. syxs

syxs Avatar

Ok so explain how then Lum said:
    In reply to story line/quests but virtue is shared but the virtue is a story line element and would limit character development if I have to share it across them? Isn't your rep also development of that character? So even if you "buy" another character slot your not getting another character your getting a clone with limits on what you can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.