Couple of questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GraveDncer, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

1: For those of us with multiple Character slots, will guild membership be account wide or character wide?

2: Is there any plan to allow Pot owners to decorate their towns with Add-on store decorations?

3: Why was the Baron 2/3 tier created? The jump from 2200 - 3800 is a big jump and doesn't make sense.

4: If a Pot owner doesn't charge rent will there still be a rent charge for deeds that are not rent free?

5: I haven't pvped yet, but can players instigate combat from the overland map?

FrostII, Tarsin and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

1. No info on that. Only reputation will be account wide, so far.

2. Yes. We already can, but only a couple of them. Long Boat, Crypt, street lamps, to name a few.

3. I believe as a continuation of the Baron 1 tier, with fewer rewards.

4. Yes. Rent charged by Port for non-pledge deeds, will apply in all towns.

5. I don't believe so, but don't quote me.

FrostII and Baron Varrus Caius like this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

1. I haven't seen any answer
    2. I believe you can if you use the dynamic tool as opposed to a static template
    3. Because the tiers sold out, and I believe they changed a bit
    4. Unless you have a rent-free lot deed, you have to pay rent to the game regardless of what the POT owner charges you or doesn't charge you.
    5. Not currently but that may change.

FrostII and Baron Varrus Caius like this.
  4. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Thanks for the quick reply, all the questions are tied to decisions I'm currently working through.

I want pure pvp character in an active guild, and another character as a crafter.

Im considering buying a pot or going for Baron 3, trying to decide whats the better value. And will give me the most options.

First world problems....

5. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

By the way, the cost difference between Between Baron 1 and Baron 3 is $600. Still fairly significant jump from Lord Marshall. I suppose that's probably what you meant, and not that Baron 1 was $2200. Yes, first world problems indeed :)

6. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Correct but with B1&2 sold out it makes it over priced. Honestly i just really like the house!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

What you may want to do is find a Duke. They'll have the house and won't be using it.

Tarsin likes this.
  8. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Yeah, I'm interested in the land it sits on. I am/was in a similar situation as you. I went for the POT. Depending on how long it is before R1 goes live I may opt for Baron too.. We'll see

Lord Baldrith and enderandrew like this.
  9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I would suggest going to baron 3, the tax free city lot deed will be rare in game. It may not seem rare now, but when we have many more players playing after launch it will be a very small percentage that has one.

Lord Baldrith and Tarsin like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Baron Varrus Caius
    My advice beteende those choices depends on how much you like player drama and politics, and whether you already know enough people to fill your POT.

Have you run a guild or been an officer? A POT will be like that but potentially a bit worse.

So if you really want to PvP and not spend time on drama and politics you will get much more value out of a higher pledge. While if you like drama and politics You should go with a POT.

I will add my view on the questions as well:
    Not decided yet. But...
    With how it has been discussed so far it seems that avatars on same account will very likely share guild affiliation to avoid exploits. So most high pledge backers have simply got another minimum pledge account to use as alt.
    if you plan on PvP I'd say that would be a strong tip.
    Check out the Release 21 notes in the announcements. There is a plan but it is very limited. So a limited number from a limited types of objects.
    In the announcements check out the "new pledge tiers and..." There the reasoning is outlined.
    But really it boils down to the lot deed doubled in size and the old price was too cheap for the added rewards.
    Yes.
    Deed rent is to the game an independent of town owner.
    Also right now there is no planned system for Episode 1 to let POT owners take out any fees on top of that. So any extra fees would have to be taken out manually.
    Planned but not implemented yet. So under the DLMB clause. (Don't lawyer me bro - or might change during implementation).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.