An Open letter of thanks to All involved in the Portalarium move and BMC convention

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LedZeppII, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LedZeppII

LedZeppII Avatar

void main (void)

{

First and foremost I'd like to thank Richard Garriott who created and developed the Ultima series which brought us to this point. His games were far more submersible than any book. "We Create Worlds" was the motto back then and that is exactly what he did. Someplace to escape the everyday worries and concerns of real life trials and tribulations. Worlds of wonder, exploration and excitement! - For that "Lord British"! I thank you!

AND Starr Long! Sitting on the right of the most high, in whom, he is well pleased. Lord British most humbly giving credit, where credit is most unquestionably due. You now carry the torch from days of old....The later Ultima seires and Ultima Online, which was the most exciting and best online game that I've played. You are the patriarchs of the online games we have today. Starr ...you carry the passion and vision onward and into the shroud - And for that I thank YOU!

Richard and Starr - To me and others you are Icons of admiration. You both were gracious, humble and exceedingly generous. When I say generous, I am not speaking of trinkets, plaques, praise..etc. You gave something much more precious, valuable and memorable than any of that.....YOU GAVE YOUR TIME!!....while the saying goes: "Time IS Money" That is not accurate ...it is the skin of the truth stuffed with a lie....yes you can spend time to make money but your money can never buy you more than your "allotted" time on this earth. It's as the song goes ... "And all your money won't another minute buy"! The amount of time you spent with us, and us with you, was far beyond my expectations! Again...There is nothing you can give someone more valuable than your time! THANKS! you guys are awesome!

EXTENDED THANKS -

Portalarium/Dev team as a whole -

This includes Chris and the guy whom got his computer up at the new building and showed us some world building....was it Bob? <embarrassed> Sheesh .....(I'm sorry .....really bad with names!) and the other guy and the other guy <laughs>.
    Anyway.....was great seeing/meeting/talking with all of you! Everyone there was very friendly and down to earth people! Most of them thanking us and appreciative of us helping them move.

Side note about the move:
    I think I can speak for the BMC here....and other guilds/people that were there and helped with the move...And that is: Your Welcome! ....AND... Thank you! ...for letting us help. It was great fun and a reward in it-self. As a team every little bit helped and it was accomplished in quick order and shows the resourcefulness and dedication of Portalarium in saving the backers money instead of hiring a moving company!

Anyhow ....Thanks Again Dev's and Co. your all awesome! and wish I could of talked to all of you .....but that would take days .....and it's that darn time thing again!

CONGLOMERATIVE THANKS -

BMC (Britannian Mining Company) -
    Here's hoping I have this correct with the knowledge that was bestowed upon me:

First thanks to;

Ezekiel Cooper; Guild Leader and a zealot that puts me to shame! along with Wind Silvermoon. It was my understanding that they did the majority of the work coordinating and collaborating to bring this convention together. Then there is Xavier Starfall..Vice Pres....sure he played a good part in it also. Jack Frost Media and co-conspirator with Lazarus Long from NBNN whom unrelentingly documented the entire event. Last.. I can't exclude Onyx and Jade who hunted me down and inducted me into the guild. Sadly I'm sure that I am missing some that played a part in this gathering and for that I'm sorry.

--------

That said, I would like to say thanks to All my fellow guild mates who attended and made this trip what it was ...a complete blast!! I enjoyed meeting and talking to Every one of you and my only regret was that we didn't have more time together! Anyone that is considering joining a guild...look no further ..The BMC is the place and you couldn't ask for, nor find, a greater bunch of peeps!

Last Thanks go out to the other guilds that came.... WInfield ...the crazy fisherman! lol Guild? Not sure of the guilds names and don't want to get it wrong but I'm sure Laz will have the video up soon ...you can see for your self.

Backers! THANKS for supporting the game! And for those looking to make a profit off the game I hope you make it and more..and have fun doing it! What ever keeps the game going!

For me its like...."it's not havin' the gold,....It's FINDING the gold" It's mostly the game I'm interested in.
    Sorry for all the plagiarisms' LOL...but if the shoe fits !!

OK ....Nuff Said!

Thanks all!

Most sincerely,
    LedZepp - Arbitrary In-game name atm

(IRL - Mark, for those I didn't get to talk to; I was the guy tromping around with the long hair prolly the longest hair except for R.G.'s Tail? .....man that thing is long! ...lol)

Ok ...OUT!

}

2. firegold

firegold Avatar

*Clap! Clap! Clap!

NBNN News likes this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Excellent post LedZepp. Proud to have you as a fellow BMC member.

It is also said that Appreciation is the greatest reward... so I'm sure LB and the entire Dev team will be happy to see this post. I'm sure they were happy to see so many backers show up to help them with the move too. ;)

NBNN News and Acred like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

This won't compile, you're missing an expected semi-colon!

NBNN News, Tarsin and Dinsoo [MGT] like this.
  5. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

Most libc implementations and OSs recommend returning an int. I suspect 'void main()' has unexpected behavior.

OK, just kidding :). Excellent post :)

Gix, NBNN News and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Agreed LedZepp! Good post!

NBNN News likes this.
  7. Xavier

Xavier Avatar

Here Here! Great post @LedZepp and was very awesome to meet everyone. Meeting the devs was awesome and it was truly an honor to meet so many wonderful people that represented their avatars well, such as Winfield, Jack Knyfe, Blake Blackstone, Tazar and ODE clan, Clan of the Wolf pack, and all my friends in BMC. I look forward to seeing what @Winfield and others comes up with for many more player gatherings.

firegold and NBNN News like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.