Community Project - Economy Worksheet

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by enderandrew, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Great suggestion, Done

The Google sheet is a direct copy/paste from my actual MSExcel spreadsheet (in my sig) from a few select columns. Although the sig version is not as up to date as the google atm.

1. There is a formula. It calculates from the gathered items base value of each ingredient & adds it together at each stage. At each stage it also adds the Tool value (1) which I'm not sure I'll leave in.
    - The values where different in the Google sheet due to an error in the vba copy paste subroutine in my MSExcel sheet that creats the Google sheet
    *fixed* Thanks

2. the 'cost to make' is a bad term for those, better might be 'value'. This is usually what it costs to make it, since it is gathered, it is Used to be added /calculated together with other base ingredients at each stage to calculate the final finished value for each item. If a Gathered item value was '0', the final product value would be off

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Time Lord and Winfield like this.
  2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

It would be great to get a way to get data directly from Port but till then, I've got 1200 items in my spreadsheet. I do Not enter any items into the sheet itself, all items are downloaded from 2 databases & merged together with a pile of scripts automatically.(so they should be accurate)
    If you want, I could make a comma separated file for you to import into your site, may speed things up some. The only part that is not potentially accurate is the produced amount.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

That would be great if you could make the comma separated file, if you could, put every data you got, no problem if its accurate or not, we can tune it after

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I see you added username / password. Now... what username / password is needed to log into http://sotarecipes.parseapp.com/ ? PM me with details if needed. Do I use my parse.com login?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I answeared you by PM

For anyone else who wants to help with data, PM me with username/password so I can add in there

Time Lord likes this.
  6. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I was wondering if there is a way to create channels in the IRC channel, so we could talk there too

I did /join #sotarecipes if someone wants to join a conversation

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Winfield

Thanks for the PM. I am added as a user. Can usernames be set to case insensitive (and keep them unique -- I think it is case sensitive)? Keep user passwords case sensitive. Therefore, there can't be multiple Winfields : winfield, Winfield, WinField, etc.

I tested it a bit. This is a great start!

I used: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Recipes

I added http://sotawiki.net/sota/Animal_Bone

You can wipe any info I add... it is just notional and for testing.

It gets complicated because there are several recipes for Animal Bone. I did the Sheep Carcass one - the recipe makes multiple products in multiple quantities too (Animal Bone x 2, Mutton Meal x 2, Fat x1) And it uses/requires Cleaver x 1 and Skinning Knife x 1 (which don't cost anything in the ingredient process).

So this can be complicated from the data examination point of view -- and then calculate the production costs (same product, e.g., Fat, is made from different recipes). I don't know how to represent all these possibilities in parent/child tables, or multiple lookup tables (ingredients/equipment) to make for example:
    • Animal Bone recipe (with Deer Carcass)
    • Animal Bone recipe (with Sheep Carcass)
    • Animal Bone recipe (with Pig Carcass)
    Each of the above yielding slightly different products, but all producing Animal Bone x 2.

Cost of Animal Bone may change depending on ingredients/recipe, like if Pig Carcass is more expensive .. pigs are rare or something like that, but cheaper to make Animal Bone from Deer Carcass (less rare animal). Who knows.

Great work!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Winfield, last time I checked, refining a "carcass" no longer requires a skinning knife... only a cleaver.

I agree with everything else you just said though.

9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

SpecialAsk
    SotaWiki uses a serial number to distinguish between identical recipe names, there is a special ask page to query it. I have merged that with Sotadb.net & created a combined file.

serialname;name;produced;ingredients;craft_table;npc_value
    Recipes.csv

10. Winfield

THAT is impressive!!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I know that, we can make the way we think its better, I think its good to add a "Name" field in the recipe, so we can select the item to calculate the cost, and if there is multiple recipes we can select it, what do you think?
    Like I select Animal Bone, and than it opens a select with the options "Deer carcass", "Sheep Carcass", etc...

Thanks man, I'll take a look at it right now, and figure out what is missing, and how to import in the best way.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

Im gonna wipe the data to test the import from the csv.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

So the ingredients itens on this csv, they dont have a cost, neither an obtainedHow, I'll import it, and after make someway to edit it so we can add this values.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

You want a NPC value or a cost to make value? I can make another csv after work & include those.
    The ingredients are often recipes too so the value should be calculated from the ingredients of the recipe it took to make that ingredient. My spreadsheet does that. There is little it does not do, lol.

Is the current csv format good or should I separate groups with a different character eg.
    Nameserial/name/produced/ingredient, amount,value; ingredient2,amount,value/skill/value
    This way the ingredients are grouped between /...../ but I can make it whatever way best suited.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Time Lord likes this.
  15. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I wanted the cost of all itens, as Im inserting those in database it would be better to have the cost of an item, and then calculate the cost of the recipe based on the sum of the items costs.
    The recipe wont have a cost, as you dont buy it, you buy the ingredients to make that, so that should have a cost, if you can add those prices, would help, anyway if you dont, we will put it manually.
    Also we got 2 options in the item (product) itself, "ObtainedHow" ("Gathered", "Refined", "Produced", "Purchased") and the type ("Agriculture", "Field Dressing", "Fishing", "Foraging", "Forestry", "Mining", "Butchery", "Milling", "Smelting", "Tanning", "Textiles", "Alchemy", "Blacksmithing", "Carpentry", "Cooking", "Tailoring").
    If its easy for you to add that on the spreadsheet, it would be great, if it will get you a lot of work, dont need to make it now (the type, I think its better the way you did, with the Craft Table in the recipe, but if the item is gathered, it should say what skill need to gather, if refined, etc...)
    Im trying to tune this webapp so it fits for everyone, and be easy to use, if I'm thinking something wrong feel free to correct me.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

The last number in the csv is the value, use that to calculate the crafted items value. Just need a, if is gathered then .....

*edit
    I'll make another file after work

Time Lord likes this.
  17. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

But the value you say is the recipe value, right? so the value of the ingredients is what I needed, but as I said, if it gives a lot of work for you, dont worry, we can make a way to edit that later, in a better and easier way.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

If we could establish another way of communicate, like an IRC channel, it would get easier to gets in a conclusion on what is needed xD

Time Lord likes this.
  19. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

So I got everything imported, but kinda useless without the rest of info. We need to define the way it should work, the info it needs, and everything more...

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

the value is the NPC value. Look at any recipe, look at one ingredient, find that ingredient in the list in the Second ";" the name, at the end of that is the NPC value of that ingredient. This you need to cross reference & add together

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.