No way to upgrade your pledge, WTF

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fireflygirl, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireflygirl

fireflygirl Avatar

Been saving the whole month to be able to upgrade my account, got the money today, got the prepaid credit cards, bought the store credit I need and now I can't even apply it to my pledge, not sure its the best business model to make it this hard to give you guys money, well I guess I did already give it to you guys the money, I just can't apply it so I can enjoy the benefits in game. Is there any ETA on when will we be able to upgrade our pledges again? would really like to be able to get my rent free deed placed before all the good spots are taken.

Perhaps next wipe you could allow people to suspend their accounts up to a week before the wipe and un-claiming all of there items so they can melt them down before the wipe happens. if this is going to be an issue.

A loyal but frustrated backer

2. Ceara_Quein

Ceara_Quein Avatar

Many are frustrated.

Me, mostly because ever since I started goofing around with SoA back in late March/early April (not really sure when... but somewhere around there), I have never, ever been off work on an update day.

Today I am off work.... and cannot log into the game because then I lose my chance to turn in stuff for store credit. And starting tomorrow I have to work three 12 hour days just to get my week's work hours in before I go for abdominal laparoscopic procedure. And I won't be able to play on work days this weekend and probably not again until 4-5 days after my surgery.

And as a result, once again I will be stuck in no-man's land for housing because I wasn't able to get in early enough.

Just goes to show what it is really going to be like when everything goes live. Might as well be prepared for the worst and not even try.

NaomiLin and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Give it a day there is a server overload, you have 3 more days to upgrade before changes

4. fireflygirl

fireflygirl Avatar

Question, If I try to log in and create a character and then later update my pledge will I have to wait for the next wipe or will I have to delete character and restart or something. Or will it the rewards just be added to my bank after I upgrade?

5. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Here is one of the holy rules of Computer gaming:

NEVER EVER PLAY ON PATCH DAY! ;)

take a day to chill, refresh your mindset for the game and play tomorrow :)

6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I appreciate your passion for the game. They're working through some technical difficulties. I'm sure this will be fixed in a few hours.

Cosimo and RevK2 like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Probably a silly question, but are you working with portalarium to fix your issue. Just curious. Sorry you are having issues.:)

RevK2 likes this.
  8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

The number of people wanting to melt down overwhelmed the servers so we had to temporarily disable it so people could patch and login. Access to the game is our highest priority. If you wish to melt down do not log in! Sorry for the delay but we are working as hard as we can to solve this issue as soon as we can.

Cosimo, RevK2, Mata and 3 others like this.
  9. Godra

Godra Avatar

I just keep checking back every so often. It will be fixed soon.

Ice Queen likes this.
  10. Carmella

Carmella Avatar

I am happy to host you free of charge with the lot of your choice in my POT. That goes for anyone and I suspect many POT owners offer the same.

11. Ceara_Quein

Ceara_Quein Avatar

Thank you for the offer! Very generous and kind. :D

But before launch, we WILL have our own Hamlet. That was part of the stuff I wanted to get accomplished today on my account - to put down my first payment on a POT. Definitely not going to happen today, and probably now not for a week or 2.

Yes it's irritating to have to live in the boonies away from any big town, but I will survive.

Just another life lesson... don't plan and expect great things. Best to expect nothing, then there is zero disappointment.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Keep calm and SotA on.
    And I would like to add a big LoL because of all the rage.

RevK2 and Katrina Bekers like this.
  13. fireflygirl

fireflygirl Avatar

Thank you for replying and I do understand your priorities, I am still unclear on something and I am hoping you can clear it up. If i log on and create a character I know I can't melt things down, but if I do create a character and then say tomorrow when the account page is back up I upgrade my pledge will I have to wait until next release/wipe to get the new pledge rewards or will they just so up in my bank the next time I log in after I upgrade. Because if its the latter its not as big of a deal as I thought.

NaomiLin and enderandrew like this.
  14. fireflygirl

fireflygirl Avatar

Thank the team, they have now add the ability to check your pledge status and upgrade your pledge, sorry I ever doubted you guys, thanks again its really nice just to have it done and off my plate. I would still really like to know if you can upgrade after creating a character and claiming your items if you get the new rewards if you upgrade or if you need to wait for a wipe to get them?

15. DarkStarr

Your new pledge items from your upgrade will show up immediately. FYI we are making progress! Should be solved "soon"

StarLord, Cosimo, Mata and 7 others like this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Is there something holding back the 15% "Black Friday Bonus" for Add-Ons stuff bought yesterday afternoon?

I bought a goodly number of Store Credit Gift Coupons yesterday afternoon with a credit card, and even though the web page timed out when I bought them, I later got an e-mail confirming the charge and they now show up on my account. I see that it's normally calculated "every day at 1:00 pm CST", and it's now 3:00 pm CDT and it still hasn't updated. Also, I don't see the "Convert to Credits" option for the gift coupons, where do I find that?

I'd like to get that applied to a pledge upgrade before the upcoming expirations.

17. DarkStarr

Please submit a ticket to support@portalarium.com

Elwyn likes this.
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Thanks.

But one thing does worry me a bit:

I'm just going to hope that it won't take too long, what with the pledge expirations being three days away...

Jatvardur likes this.
  19. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

My experience with this team is that they resolve all issues satisfactory. If you comply with all requirements and a glitch messes you up they will resolve it. I've been the victim of a few system glitches and they have handled all of them with courtesy and done so timely seeing the game isn't even in beta yet. Have hope!

Cosimo, Luca Xante and Godra71 like this.
  20. DarkStarr

As long as your support ticket was sent prior to the expiration we will do our best to honor it

StarLord, Cosimo, Violation and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.