PVP SERVER QUESTION

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Brink1123, Oct 28, 2015.

?

If they did make two different "servers" and multiple characters were allowed where would you play?

1. I would play exclusively on pve server

2. I would play exclusively on pvp server

3. I would have multiple characters one in each server.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I can only say this for me personal, the moment port hears at this people and change the game in this direction iam out.
    I dont want a full loot open pvp game. And i think most of the people dont.

I hate how hard some of you try to force a change. And even if you make hundrets polls and votes, it want change anything.

The idea is to have every one on one server. Every player in this world, to connect every body in this wonderful world.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I don't think they will. The devs know and have had success in the past properly putting pvp in place. I had they will hear the feedback and make the changes necessity to fit the majority of competitive gamers.

3. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

News flash the world can't be truly something wonderful without a dark side. PVP is your solution, not your obstacle.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

PvP will be a part of the game. But they are not going to split into separate servers.

This has been discussed over and over again for the past 2-3 years. And new threads pop up with the exact same suggestions each time.

Heradite, Logain, Sir Cabirus and 3 others like this.
  5. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I'd prefer the PVP to have their own server so they can do everything they want without interference from PVE.
    I only play in PVE so do not want to be dragged into any PVP area just to get at higher resource nodes or some area specific resource that the DEV's set up just to appease the PVP community.
    They can PVP anywhere in SotA if they flag for it, so why do PVE players have to become fodder for the PK'ers.

Brink1123 and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm hoping that my POT will be devoid of any PVE nonsense.

7. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

That would be the best of the best to have a PvP server !

8. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Your statement is not correct.
    WoW has tons of PvP servers and most people played on them, what wow killed was that they punished people for making op
    As i said all player pvpers and pvers on one server and i dont se pvp as the dark side wy you do? no clue?

9. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Especially when it's invested in a timeless activity such as pvp! Well said!

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Blizzard has not given a reason for world PvP in a long time. Many people go to PvP server but only choose skewed balance servers. Many PvP servers are heavily weighted to one faction. PvP that is relevant is still tucked away into an instance.

11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

They're were lazy... lost the players...

12. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

The reason behind is cous blizzard punished people for open pvp. You get nothing for rading a city or village.
    Blizzard decided to split even pve and pvp complete by introducing pvp gear that you only can get with pvp and pve gear is in 80% of time usless for pvp.

13. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I think PvP will still work in this game with the current ruleset and having additional opt-in PvP activities. I'd just like to see it more granular for PvP flagged players, I'd like to see a criminal ruleset on top of the PvP system like Felucca was. It shouldn't be OK to just kill everybody any time and anywhere. That's what guild wars/feuds/factions should be about. And not only that, guilds should be able to war over something meaningful. And if you're killing people all day long shouldn't it affect your virtue regardless?

As for POT's - I actually like a granular system of laws better for a player town. I guess players and game designers see it as a failure or something that didn't work out in UO. But having guards, and having the ability to make choices that result in you in becoming a criminal based on your actions was pretty interesting. You go into these other games and it's just so basic "fight each other" and everything is sanctioned.. that's fine, but that's more like lawlessness and guild wars and factions where it's OK to just kill everyone. That has it's place but it gets boring after awhile. The PvP community in this game seems fairly small I guess, so I'm not sure how much we can really advocate for. Read some of my other threads about POT's being able to jail repeat offenders. This is because they would have a system of laws in place, and the town tells you what is OK and NOT OK to do.

Wouldn't it be cool to go on a PvP mission by the NPC thieves guild and you and your friend have to sneak into a town, rob a NPC nobles house, and avoid NPC guards and player guards that have been hired to hunt you down or guard the building? You continue to commit criminal acts as you are trying to pull off your heist. You might have to scale a fence, then a wall (trespassing) and break into a window (destruction of property)...or lock pick a door, and then another, then steal the requested item. That's 5 criminal actions already. You have to get out of town without being detected or killing anyone. You end up getting detected by the guards and get into a skirmish with them, but little did they know, you were just the decoy and your friend is already on his way to his thieves guild NPC Fence to unload the items. You both get paid. But you take the bigger criminal penalty and it goes against your social status with that town.

If you steal too much from a town, they recognize you and throw you in jail the next time they see you. Would that be harsh? Sure but it's your fault for getting caught as a thief.. the whole idea is to steal something and get away with it. Maybe your skills aren't high enough to be doing this line of work. Move on to the next town until they forget about it, or use a disguise kit to hide your identity. But watch out for the bounty hunters because they know a lot of your tricks, perhaps they're even one of the player guards. In one of my other posts I referred to this as 2 thieves signing up for a pvp quest and say 2-4 guards doing the same. The thieves have to get out and deliver the emerald necklace undetected. Perhaps if the thieves get noticed by the guards and deliver the necklace anyway, then there should be some penalty from the thieves guild against the thief (the item is too hot to deal with) .. or perhaps you can bribe the guard to let you go, but you owe him a percentage of the cut when the necklace gets sold. (virtue check on the NPC guard) But if you kill one of the guards, now you're really in trouble with the thieves guild because that's the stuff that gets their hideouts raided. How many negative virtue checks would there be in a scenario like that?

These are the kind of dynamic PvP activities I find interesting.

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

WoW is a theme park, including PvP, Bliz could never get all the PvPers to ride the ride. Many would rather use the gear and level disparity to have easy kills. To this day, you want world PvP it's at Tarren Mill and Strangle Thorn Vale. The place where level 50+ attack level 25's.

Any testing Bliz does with world PvP is dropped before it goes live. Mists of Pandaria was going to have several world PvP elements. All removed. Bliz sticks with the tucked away PvP in an instance, segregated.

15. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I must disagree hardly, back in wow beta / vanilla start, open pvp was a fun and often done thing.
    Crossroads we had the biggest cluster fxxx i have ever seen in an mmo. Nearly every one on every side where there doesnt had matter which level. After a while they would punish a player for killing npcs and stuff.

We had tons of fun sneaking onto an airship in strangle throne jungel and fly to ogrimmar to sneak in and snipe lowies out of the crowed.

Wow had great pvp potential but after the first half of vanilla they made the wors decision to split up pve and pvp complete.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

You disagreement fits only the initial period of WoW world PvP, long gone are those days. From there on they pushed PvP to instances.

17. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I don't accept the premise.

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

As a PvPer and someone who is friends with a many PvErs I would play exclusively on the PvE server........the PvP server would be dead anyway..........probably like the way in which Siege Perilous is dead in UO.

Mata, Ariella, Logain and 4 others like this.
  19. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Yep there's something missing in the poll choices and that is "I like the current design" because when you split the servers, that means the PvE player never gets the opportunity to have PvP experiences without dedicating a character to it. The way it will work now is that if I'm sick of PvP I'll just turn my flag off and do some PvE stuff.. and vice versa. It provides some flexibility. The current use based skill system provides the opportunity to do both PvE and PvP builds because it's a soft cap and you can train what you want, for the most part.

I want to see a dynamic environment that allows both groups of players to engage in interesting PvP activities when they feel like it.

20. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

This is not a question, it is a poll and one that has been answered already. False advertisement ftw.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.