Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Unable to win most battles

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Baer, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baer

Baer Avatar

First of all, this release is clearly showing some maturity and the look and feel right from the start is very reminiscent of the Ultima days.

My problem is that I am getting killed 95% of the time. I had no real problem with the bridge battles Etc but just traveling across the map it seems that every place I go I get ganged up on and die. It has now happened so much, and the wait to be resurrected is so long that I have hung it up twice today out of pure frustration.

Any suggestions, and battle guides? I know I am missing something.

2. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Go to hidden vale. Kingsroad, valeway north and south should not be too hard. I just startet there today as well and survived most of the time.

Alley Oop likes this.
  3. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Stay in Solace bridge for at lest 10 lvls, and collect ectoplasm from undead. Lock one searing ray and you'll become like a god. Its their favorite skill.
    Also you have to target a enemy and press your auto attack button or your character will just stand and get beat to death. No idea why you have to press

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Baer likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Patience I think is key. I'm staying in the starter areas just building up and being cautious until I'm ready to take on something tougher. Once the game launches we'll all be here for awhile. No need to be in a rush to level up to 100. But that's me. :)

5. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Release r20 to r22 was all searing ray, its the same this time. 3 second cool down, shoot while moving and facing other direction, no fizzle really, never miss. If your having a hard time, your not using the god skill.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  6. Baer

Baer Avatar

All I am trying to do is travel to our player owned town so I guess I may just want to try to get back to Solace Bridge and level up a little. Thanks.

Tears likes this.
  7. Baer

Baer Avatar

God Skill??

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

So wait.. are you saying what's happening is ou get pulled into random encounters where you get killed? You shouldn't have any problem just running out the nearest exit. If you get killed.. leaving the scene while dead will resurrect you as well so really there's no need to wait.

9. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

I'm still trying to get past the gap myself :p Guessing its lvl 20 to 30 ( V key shows statistics )
    and ya, searing ray is like a god skill compared to other skills.

10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Eastreach Gap is easy really.. there's a side path off to the right.. just don't stop running and let stuff hit you. ;) Once at the overlook jump across and keep to the cliff face. Going through to the north is a big leap but you can make it if you time your jump right.

11. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

If you don't want to go all the way to the Hidden Vale, East Perennial Trail right next to Soltown is also suitably low level BUT it's probably busy with activity. Stick with skeletons. They give out the least experience but they drop gold and stuff you can sell for a quick and easy profit. Be careful, even weakling skeletons can kill you for a while as you level up. Searing Ray is useful in killing them though so I'd prioritize that skill unless your going for a specific build. The other advantage to training in the Hidden Vale is the Braemar trainer teaches everything so you don't have to go to Ardoris for tier 3 and above.

Once you start making gold, start investing in skills. It might take a while due to gold gain AND the fact that you have to level stuff up to level 10 to get to tier 2 but you need Strength, Dexterity, and if you are using magic Intelligence. Get Strength even if you are playing as a mage. You'll eventually want to get Heavy Lifter to increase your encumbrance level. You'll also have to spam some skills to get to some important innates (annoying). Like for instance to really get the benefits of heavy or light armor, you need to spam a skill. I can usually make enough gold to get new skills on every "run".

While waiting for creatures to spawn, you can always gather and spam skills you need to spam more. I honestly don't know at what "level" your character is strong enough to face stronger threats.

12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This is new to me - where exactly am I supposed to jump? I always jump onto the adobe buildings from the overlook and then jump to the ground and make a dash for the gate. I think I've been killed only once with a new character doing that. Once through the gate it is important to keep running and avoid desert wolves and corpions.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  13. Numa

Numa Avatar

Stealth skills also work. With the Subterfuge tree it should be easier to sneak past the mobs - then run like hell to the exit :)

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Remember that Searing Ray has a bonus vs undead and gains strength by day. Try fighting large bears against it at night and you will see a little difference.

Numa likes this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Someone mentioned it in Ardoris the other day, and I had heard it mentioned before, so I decided to try it.

It does work great, though I often have to spend a few minutes getting focus back. (Probably at night, I hadn't been paying that much attention.) But I'll happily take one win every five minutes over ZERO wins every five minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.