PvP Flag and the issue wuth Non PvP "tagging" in

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Weins201, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think the solution to this is quite simple.

Instead of resetting temporary flags the moment you change scenes (which can be as simple as clicking on a basement), only reset a temporary flag after 10 minutes of no PvP activity (timer only moves while logged in).

Problem solved.

Jordizzle likes this.
  2. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I would be down with this idea. If you attack a PVP flagged player, you should be flagged and then you must wait for the PVP Flag Cooldown before it's removed. Changing zones would not remove the flag. It should be a global cooldown.

enderandrew likes this.
  3. Logain

Logain Avatar

The whole idea of 'temporary flags through attacking' is flawed. I know I sound like a broken record here, but risk versus reward means both if you take a risk, there should be a reward, but if you take no risk, there shouldn't be a reward either.
    Please allow me to elaborate through a real life game example.
    enderandrew, Jordizzle, Logain, Chris, LB and DS decide to have a nice game of poker. Now, while Logain, Chris and DS each have to set their small/big blind when it's their turn, enderandrew, Jordizzle and LB don't. These three simply play whenever they decide that they have the right cards.
    Do you think that's a fun game for Logain, Chris and DS? Sure, we like the action, we love to take a risk and have the chance to win big. But we want to do that in a fair way.

Chris had promised selective multiplayer filtering with PvP flag weighted in. THAT is fair, that is fun for everybody involved and there's a proper reward for your risk.

4. Rodriguez

Rodriguez Avatar

Attacking someone without getting the PvP flag from the Oracle first should come with a hefty price of a long global cooldown or an invisible "revenge" flag that allows the victim to attack the previous unflagged attacker at a later time with no regards to any flags.

If people without the pvp flag want to experience the thrill they also should feel the uneasiness and paranoia. :)

Brink1123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.