Confused: does new Knight pledge get Patron rewards or are they excluded?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tutfitz, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tutfitz

tutfitz Avatar

Fairly new to this. Read all I could find on "Time is Running Out...Reward Expirations", but can't specifically find my answer. I know I don't get lower tier plots or houses. But if today, Oct 31 (well after the Aug 31 cut-off), I buy a Knight Pledge will I still get all the other rewards from the Patron, Navigator, and Developer Tiers (even though you can't buy the tier by itself)? I'm not buying or upgrading to those tiers, I'm buying something that includes those tiers and their rewards... EXCEPT WHERE NOTED. That's where the confusion comes in... I don't know if it's noted or not! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community!

Lot deeds don't stack. So a Knight tier would get you one rent-free village lot deed and a super-awesome Knight house.

You get the Edleman and Citizen houses as well, but you only have one lot, so you pick between those and the Knight house to place on your lot.

Most every other item from the lower tiers are included, the lot deeds are the main exception that does not stack with tiers.

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I just read through one of the expiration announcements from August and it says that houses from the Ancestor pledge and above no longer stack. I interpret that to mean that the citizen and Edelmann homes would no longer be included in new higher pledges. It didn't specifically say that awards from expired pledges are excluded from new higher pledges, but I assumed that they would be.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

AFAIK, you don't get the houses from other pledges now.

5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, Tutfitz!

I too think that houses no longer stack in successive pledge rewards. I suspect we will see these houses show up in the add-on store at some point as the way to get them. But don't know that.

6. Forest Dweller

Forest Dweller Avatar

Say I want to upgrade from an Edelmann pledge to the next tier--the Knight pledge. Would I lose any prior houses and would I certainly obtain a Knight's house with the new pledge? To my knowledge, I do not lose any priorly obtained homes and would also obtain the Knight's home. Please correct me if I'm wrong. It's a concern of a friend of mine who wants to upgrade and I want to be sure that I'm advising correctly.

I'd also like to know for certain that the only rewards we don't receive when we upgrade to a new tier is the land deed. No?

7. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

You do keep everything that you currently have when upgrading o_O The only thing you would not get is the extra lot deed. This change primarily affects new backers (who won't receive any of the lower tier lots, homes, etc.) or those currently below the citizen pledge tier (who won't get any waterfront homes if they upgrade later) :)

Forest Dweller likes this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Of course the waterfront homes are only for Founders, right? As I understand it, you need a Founder deed to claim a waterfront lot. I started at Explorer this August and just upgraded to Citizen, way way way too late for that. So the waterfront house expirations should only matter for Founder pledges upgrading, and this closes the door on the last chance for Founders to get a waterfront house.

9. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

That is correct o_O

10. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

So he would still get the rewards from the tiers that are listed as expired??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.