YOUR PLEDGE OPINIONS PLEASE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LORD CHAOS, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanskrsg

hanskrsg Avatar

I pledged 'more than I should'(tm) because I have been a fan of the Ultima games since I was 13 or so (I am 32 now). What worries me is that people are looking forward to a UO2, and I really hope that SotA is more than that. I never got into UO, though I did get an account around launch, I have played it very little since it was never my style of game. I am hoping that the promise of a strong story and modern UI will make this game more interesting for me than UO was.

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

My standard is "more than any wife or girlfriend would let me get away with".

I've never played an Ultima. I'm just going on Faith alone. Perhaps we and others can claim the title "Defender of the Faith".

BillRoy likes this.
  3. Grogan

Grogan Avatar

That's a dangerous cult to join up with, Frank. Also, you have a wife and a girlfriend?

4. Sir Frank

Sadly, I don't have either. All this cash, and nobody to spend it on.

Goblin King and Wsye like this.
  5. Grogan

Grogan Avatar

Sir Frank, take comfort in knowing that I have a beautiful wife and four wonderful children that at times I can barely feed. We can't have it all. ;)

Sir Frank KC likes this.
  6. Sir Frank

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I was once married with two beautiful daughters I could barely feed. I wore my country's uniform, but my country didn't believe in paying me very well. I was away from home a lot, going places I didn't want to go, where the locals didn't want me to visit.
    The wife left with a rich man that stayed put, and I had to hang up the uniform and struggled to raise two girls on my own. We were very much paycheck to paycheck, but we made it. They're out of college now, and aren't dependent on me any longer, so I am able to do whatever I want to do. If I'm not out on the bike riding down some back road, I'm sitting here in my home on the prairie, amusing myself with games and youtube.

Fantasy games provide much entertainment for me, but it has been years since a game has really held my attention like the old games once did.
    I've invested a lot of my entertainment budget in Shroud. I am out on the road less, because I want to support this thing that I hope will bring the old magic back. I believe it will turn into something I'll be very happy with.

If it flops...Well, I've pissed away more money on less important things.

Raffy, licemeat, BillRoy and 5 others like this.
  7. Sanctius

Sanctius Avatar

Truly sorry to hear that story Frank.

Anyways, i wanted to comment still that i've never been what you might call "a fanboy" lobbying any game before, prior the release in the past and now i find myself promoting this game to people i know. I've preordered many MMOs before and got burned so many times (Age of Conan, Neverwinter etc.) and swore everytime i never pay a dime for unfinished products anymore. Don't get me wrong, some of the games were fine but not worth the money i put there. Yet here i am actively pledging allegiance to SotA.

Therefore, I just wanted to add couple of reason why i continue supporting this game.

1. It's the first time i really feel there is an interaction between dev team and the community. I know we don't have a great deal of details yet but i think they have been really straight forward and transparent with us. That being said, I don't really know how other developers do with their kickstarter projects. I have backed several games but i'm only really following SotA.

2. I love this community. I mean, the quality of the feedback and suggestions is fun and interesting to read. People here are really passionate about the game and that makes the interaction between devs and community to benefit the game greatly. I might not be the most active writer here or give many ideas but it's the only forum i actively read that is not work related.

For me paying (even tho you can naturally be part of the community for free too) to be part of this experience for the next year or so is already worth it.

Xandra7 and Phredicon like this.
  8. Oceania Crest

Oceania Crest Avatar

Well, I am lloking forward to my Crossbow to hunt some Vanduuls with it, in Star Citizen! ,)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.