Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why the constant Hate to low level players

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Dorham Isycle, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I have very little time to play but when I do. Those Damn small wolf spiders, in previous they poisoned, now they root, and there's 3-5 at a time. For crying out loud, this makes me want to quit before I start.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Gee whiz, how are you going to teach the newbies to respect a spider's personal space if you take all their "teeth" away ?

Cobwebs strewn all over the forest on that side of the road ? Probably best to walk on the other side.

Seriously though, just like in reality, it is the smaller spiders you need to watch out for, they have the more potent venom.

Poor spiders, always getting picked on... :)

3. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

The undead do less damage. If the spiders had something worth their time but no, they are the living, I am the dead

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Personally, I just avoid them while I'm lower level. Seeing as they broadcast their territory so visibly, it is pretty easy to do so.

However, having them available in the lower tier scenes gives me a reason to return to those scenes later when I'm experienced enough to deal with them. :)

5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Agree with Dorham. Too many of them, no loot, oddly difficult. Painful, no reward. Smelt them.

Seth Ruin, Aimend, Quenton and 13 others like this.
  6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I completely agree with OP here. The spiders should not hunt in packs. Spiders should not be social creatures. They should fight alone. Wolves in a pack? Yes. Spiders? no. With the root and 3-5 of them on you it's a miracle when you can move at all.

Quenton, Artair Geal, Numa and 9 others like this.
  7. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

small spiders are "from the beginning" of Sota just a nonsense-enemy. No loot... they can beat a skeleton and a wolf .. and on reality .. they can be killed using a foot... or with some fire...

i think that the name must be changed on something like "Mutant small spiders" .. and increased the loot... maybe by a rare mutated reagent. (that can be sell at 70 gp)

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I love to chop them down in groups with wide-arc attacks. The other day, at entrance of Owl's Nest Mines, there was a carpet of corpses this thick!

However, their aggro range is insane. They rush to you from half the map across.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

My char kills two large skeletons and a skeleton footman at the same time without breaking sweat.
    But spare me if I meet two spiders.

10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

yea that is nuts, I can't do Owl's Nest yet as an Archer, I tried several times, then gave up...

Numa likes this.
  11. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

NERF the Spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, DID I USE THE NERF WORD? Oh dear, please forgive me, my tongue got ahead of my Brain there for a minute, just a wee slip of the tongue mind you, It shall not happen again .... And don't lawyer up on me .

12. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

The only way I've managed Owl's Nest so far is to run like crazy to the mine. Then when I get in there everyone is dead anyway:eek: There are a few mining nodes left...

majoria70 and Jivalax Azon like this.
  13. helm

helm Avatar

I love spiders. Honestly. Especially the small ones hunting in packs, they're the best thing to happen if one happens to be a beginning archer. Those eager and efficient teachers of keeping a healthy distance, bless'em! Do 40-50 of them, then you can rise and say: "I know kiting-fu."

14. draykor darkale

draykor darkale Avatar

Spiders are the worst, a really unenjoyable encounter in nearly every way. I don't mind the odd root, but I sometimes get 3-5 of them at a time and its just plain annoying.

Moiseyev Trueden and Chatele like this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I kinda like that there are low level creatures that one don't fear when they are alone but that one do fear if they are in a pack.

However I do think that in a world like this one then the locals would warn the would be adventurer before sending them to Solace Bridge or similar.

16. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Without the spiders there would be noting to avoid. Everything else is easy.

I'd be surprised if people dodn't subconsciously miss the little critters as they make you cringe.

Some solutions might be:

1) Spider fangs as a requirement for poison potions for a reason to kill them and a lot of spider silk when harvested.

2) No spiders hunting in packs. Or 3 little ones together at most (just hatched) down to 2 for the next tier and 1 for the hardest tier with decreased agro.

17. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I decided that as a side effect of the shattering of the Moons, and the forsaking of virtues, most locals turned into sadistic haters and send would be adventures to spider-ridden scenes, without warning, on purpose. :mad:

18. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Yes it is a problem. In many zones if you engage with one creature you get ganked by 5-6 more of them. It is not just spiders. This makes it extremely hard for low level players to advance. It seems like to play SOTA you must be able to fight multiple things at a time right off the bat or you will be playing as a ghost more than a "living" Avatar.

Miracle Dragon and Dorham Isycle like this.
  19. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

20. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

I just wish they had some loot! I like to fry their hairy feet off in as big of a pile as I can gather at once. Then watch them squirm while i pick their eyeballs out with my buck knife.

Baron Varrus Caius and majoria70 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.