Community Project - Economy Worksheet

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by enderandrew, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Just verified this to be true. Skinning knife is no longer needed to refine meats from carcasses.

I have a decent variety of cooking items in my inventory so I can help add or verify weights, values (per inventory list) and maybe even some recipes for finished foods. I wish I found this thread a week or so ago. Going to lose everything in a couple days. :(

Time Lord, Krofft and Dorham Isycle like this.
  2. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

So maybe I'm getting something wrong, there is line that is the ingredient line? Is that correct? So lets say "Flour" there is a line of the "Flour"?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I got that now Dorham, I need to check wheter the item got any ingredients or not, if not it is an ingredient, and the value should be updated at the item record right?

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Yes

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Should actually check if item is gathered, or else you'll put tool values in the mix.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I found out I imported it wrong, I need to re-check the import function.
    But I already made the table of recipes, and when click on recipe, it brings the ingredients and qty.

Time Lord and Dorham Isycle like this.
  7. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

Now its working fine, I changed the import function so its importing right now.
    So, now we need to define the costs, and formulas so I can add a total cost of it, profit, etc

Time Lord likes this.
  8. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I was playing around, and figure out another good function for this.
    To know the recipes, like, I want to put a way the user click (or search) for an item, and it says how is made and what it is used for (like all the recipes that uses that).
    I'm gonna start developing this feature, but still need someone to handle the UI, like positioning, etc.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

So for anyone who wants an update of this:
    I got it working on a bot at IRC channel, so just use "!recipe longsword" and it will give you everything.
    Just join #sotarecipes and see it working there

10. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

Also I'm finishing the development of a Tasker plugin, (to be used in android), that will enable to query the recipes by autovoice commands, or whatever plugin you use for voice, (just set the variable plugin uses in my plugin and it will replace) and also it will supports another variable for the result, and I'll make a screen to display the recipe, if the users chooses to.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I've been meaning to reply here since R23 hit. Item values changed for a LOT of crafted things so we may need to clear them all and start over with the database. Otherwise, we might be using incorrect data that just hasn't been verified.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I'm using more for recipes only, ignoreing the values, as its very incorrect.
    I got in contact with the Sotadb.com developer so we can unite everything in one place, so I guess its better to just have one database.
    If you willing to check the IRC channel, got a lot of commands for crafting help
    Also I created a Tasker plugin to query recipes on the phone () [The quality is really bad but can get the idea]

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

This is a GREAT idea! Then while also in the channel, can chat with other crafters / sellers, etc.

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  14. caioketo2

caioketo2 Avatar

I created the channels #sotarecipes and #sotaplugin both for discussion on the development and also the bot are in both channels, just join us there ^^

15. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Wow! I love this!! Can't wait to see it in action / try it out.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

You can't use the $ sign within the formulas? Like =((B54+B10)/2)*1.1 is what you have right now. In Excel/OpenOffice if you do it like this =(($B$54+$B$10)/2)*1.1 then even if you sort the data, the formula should be fine and the references should be fine because it'll follow the values?

Time Lord likes this.
  17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

We absolutely need a major economy pass before the final wipe.

Up to this point, gold values in game were meaningless placeholders.

But once we have the final wipe, we need a reasonable and sane set of default values on objects. For example, a lot of crafted goods lose you money because they are worth less than the components to make them.

@Chris please tell me that someone will make a pass on item values before final wipe.

I bet you could find a community volunteer or two to help make a pass. If I had a database dump of existing items, base values, and recipes, I could put together something like the proof of concept spreadsheet I started with to identify items whose value needs to change.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Time Lord and Kara Brae like this.
  18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Wow Necro Thread from ?????? . . . . but anyhow since the entire economy should be player driven and items you are referring to most likely wont even be sold on vendors unless a player puts them there ?????? As a result "they" don't need to do anything.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The game needs to work offline as well and even the player economy needs sane defaults for starting values.

If no one wants to craft because crafting makes you lose money, then the player economy won't take off or start. People will only buy goods from NPC vendors.

20. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

The thing is, after only a bit of time players won't want to buy hides really anymore but ore sure. Does that mean that skinning is a future fail skill? Lets hope not, at least the npc's should give a fair price for them. OR we should be able to convert them to ore with magic, lol

Time Lord and Koldar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.