Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Compendiums Dungeon of Pain and Suffering

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Violation Clauth, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Desync issues make it horrible to get started...
    Desync issues make it horrible to get positioned into the correct los spot and still hit your target...
    Desync issues make it rough to jump onto platforms...

Scaling difficulty isn't there yet. I'd like to see it become harder progressively from the 3rd room on... first and second should both remain how they are but all the rooms from 3rd to liches should get their sliders equalized... liches are great... the last room should get redone and the mimics should be removed and it should have a miniature dragon called the "doom chicken" in the body of a chicken... placed in there (say whaaat? @DarkStarr @RichardGarriott ). So it works the same as the dragon and it looks like a chicken. Oh, and btw, it should be about twice as hard as a the dragon we have now.

Finally, when you go through portals you should have rez sickness removed. Having to wait the extra two minutes is just stupid. Drags out the fight needlessly.

Overall, great experience. Love the dungeon. Love having something fun to do with people. Hope to see more like this in the game soon it just needs to be a lot harder :)

Cheers!

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What kind of parry did you take in to do this? and when did you first see Liches?

We had a hell of a time after the Slimes as the archers and ranged skellies caused a MAJOR issue, we never finished :-(

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

We died allot in the lich room, the rest was quite easy. Was not an organised party, we just turned up for the no host event on the calendar (adv levels ranged from 7 to 86). Violation is right about desync, the compendium has always had issues with it.

Violation, Sheriff and Gaelis like this.
  4. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Weins was smoking the pot that day...

5. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

We took a 5 man group( Myself, Tydes, Woftam, Hylax and Peabo) in last weekend and completed it as well. We had lots of laughs killing/ kiting the liches.

Peabo likes this.
  6. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

no one named Weins showed up... sorry to disappoint.

7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Don't you guys feel like the rest of the dungeon is just getting to the lich room? It's not scaling up... it's not a group of hard fights... it's just... "kill this stuff until we get there then when we get done we've won."

I mean... in the mimic room ya'll actually were able to just stand there and tank them while you aoe killed them... that's nuts!

I'd like to see more puzzles involved in the fighting like the dragon has... I'd like to see pain and suffering for those who don't play by the rules (HT to the name of the place). I'd like to see more than 1 hard room.

Just my two cents... what do you guys think?

Sheriff likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:) Yeah Sorry :-(

Thanks for info we are gonna try again with 6 better trained better organized in a few days

The rooms / monsters do / did get harder but I to wouldn't mind more complexity

BUT

The damn reward needs to be worth it,. as of now no reason to waste the time / effort.

9. Womby

Womby Avatar

For me the reward is a sense of achievement, and having a fun time with friends. I'm odd like that.

Violation likes this.
  10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I agree 100% ... nothing in here references the reward chests and any reward for completion. I personally didn't care about them. :)

11. Nataurz

Nataurz Avatar

@Violation , definitely agree that it was just a speed run through all the other rooms to get to the lich room for a challenge. We all agreed at the time we would love the need for tactics or puzzle solving to clear each room. We also, like you guys, tackled the content for the sense of achievement but were left a little flat with the whole thing. I love your idea of more pain and suffering to those who don't play by the rules.

Violation likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.