Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"more feminine options"

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by tea2weeds, Nov 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tea2weeds

tea2weeds Avatar

I'm sorry but do these new "feminine options" (lingerie) bother anyone else? If you want to make something more feminine how about something more respectful, PLEASE!!!

How about some nicer looking armor with nice stats! Why are the developers wasting time on underwear?!? I have no intention of running around the game fighting in my underwear and would not waste precious material crafting them! We can use some better armor options, but seriously...How about some decent, respectable (in stats and appearance) armor most of the armor options we have are drab and the stats are not that great.

If not some better armor, how about putting those hours into more crafting recipes, or some housing items, or horses... Or hey here's a novel concept: some quests or a variety of new mobs...how many bears, wolves and thugs can a person kill?

I do appreciate the work of the developers' work, but please focus on something to improve the game and maybe complete some of the items already on the to-do lists, stretch goals....Something everyone would enjoy!

Kestryl Copperwing

Noric, redfish, Sawtooth and 5 others like this.
  2. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

tl:dr

Keep the undies

majoria70 likes this.
  3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I always thought they made the undies for the guys to enjoy?

Most of them seem to like wearing them, judging from some of the pics.:)

Ice Queen, Numa and majoria70 like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No way do they bother me. I am so very happy to see this come into the game. I am not a baby I am a woman, and I felt the Dev team handled them very tastefully. Now I could show you pictures of my character from Tera, now that is showing off the womans body, which is fine to me anyway, but I am respectful of others people opinions to not take it to that extreme is SOTA, and that is my Tera armor that is so skimpy. The higher level she gets, the less covered up her body is. We have armor that covers our bodies and now is more feminine shaping, and we have town wear to hangout with our guy or however we want to play it. It's not a battle I think we need to have, just don't wear it or be around it. We have player owned towns and most people won't be wearing their skimpy clothes battling dragons unless they have a deathwish. Now if they put stats on it then that would not help in that tho.;):)

5. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Underwear with +3 in 'Distract Dragon'?

FrostII, KuBaTRiZeS, Logain and 4 others like this.
  6. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Yeah that was kinda the thing I'd expect to see more in WoW or something.

7. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Captain Jack thinks all Lingerie automatically toggle PvP on your character.

Katrina Bekers and Logain like this.
  8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

So, what's wrong with Lingerie?

9. tea2weeds

tea2weeds Avatar

Nothing is necessarily wrong with lingerie, if this game already had nice armor t fight in, quests, mobs to fight and a more complete story line.... I also think it's wrong to assume feminine = lingerie.... That's like assuming a male toon = jockey shorts! Wouldn't you rather have some nicer looking armor with stats? Lingerie is fine in RP, but at this stage of the game it would be nice to see the time spent developing lingerie, spent on items already on the list of needs or bugs. Pretty bows, ribbons, etc. will be nice in due time.

Kara Brae and Acred like this.
  10. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I would expect special clothing for the Holidays, and I don't mind if it looks Sexy... I'm wondering what they will release for the Guys to wear... I don't think it takes too long to design things like this or armors for that matter, they have their schedule for things to do, and its just the holiday season... I've been around since the beginning, and its changed a lot, but I don't think special stats are ever coming anytime soon, that would turn this into an item based game like all the others out there... Everything will be craft-able and all will be balanced so nothing in stats will be any more appealing than anything else...Wait and see, its not all finished yet...

majoria70, Lord Baldrith and Albus like this.
  11. Albus

Albus Avatar

I'm all for more armours as well, though we do have what, augmented plate, regular plate, epic plate, same with leather and cloth, so not like we have no options in armour (while we were sorely lacking in "bodices"). I've said it elsewhere, but I appreciate this addition and would like to see more of it, along with more outfits in general of various tastes. I see this as a good "start" to diversifying available dress options and support its continuation and expansion. I also appreciate that while some versions were put up in the store, there's a crafted version as well (although that version is more underwear'ish). More skirts, more tops (and yes - I would support and expect some with cleavage), and yes more male outfits for variety as well. I'd like to see more outfits along a medieval and classic fantasy line, but understand the steampunk'ish stuff fits in with SotA as well.

More I say, and bravo to what we have so far!

majoria70 likes this.
  12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

13. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Yes it bothers me, I will not buy it but to each their own. You asked so I am only answering :)

Oba Evesor, Ice Queen and Albus like this.
  14. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

The link you provided had some great female clothing options, why the devs gave us underwear ... sigh.

Ice Queen and Albus like this.
  15. Albus

Albus Avatar

I sort of agree with the "underwear" bit (particularly regarding the crafted set, with the "panty"), not that I am against underwear variations per se. I recall someone asking about dyeing underwear and being told that would be an option eventually, perhaps underwear-looking outfits (such as the new bodice with panty) could be converted into an underwear variation instead of outerwear. So, something that would show when your character was wearing no armour, rather than in place of armour. Perhaps a fine point not worth the bother, but if we are having dyeable underwear, perhaps some "underwear slot" items could be added that are only seen when a character removes their armour.

Elwyn likes this.
  16. Selene

Selene Avatar

Well, it is impossible to please everyone. Everyone I have talked to (who were mostly women) thought this was a positive change. Before, female characters had two long dresses and a rather frumpy looking merchant skirt. Other than that, there are a couple cute unisex outfits in the stretch goal store. It's an -option-. No one will make you wear it. And I can see why they would NOT put something with stats in the add-on store like new armor, because then people would start complaining that it was making the game pay-to-win. It's decorative. If you don't like it, don't buy it. The great thing about the add-on store is that you vote with your dollars. If they don't sell well, I'm sure the devs won't waste time making more. :)

Spoon, Oba Evesor, majoria70 and 3 others like this.
  17. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

It doesn't bother me that it's there for someone else to buy or craft if they want it, but I wouldn't wear it or buy it. I'm all for choices, not limiting people in all aspects of a video game. From combat, crafting, clothing, etc. For me though, I'd like the choice of more feminine armor and clothing that doesn't look like lingerie and/or provocative.

It's a fantasy world where we fight fantasy creatures. My character needs to go to town for some goods, she would put on a nice dress or some light armor, and for hunting she would definitely protect herself wearing full armor, not something skimpy. At no time could I see a situation she'd wear lingerie in Sota setting. I suppose a brothel you might see the lingerie, but my character wouldn't step foot in one. Call me a prude, whatever, but that's just me, myself, and my characters. :)

I think Portalarium could benefit from a female artist creating more feminine armor and clothing for us.
    It's not that I'm against the men creating it, but it's like hmm..Let's say I have my husband go out and buy me a dress for a dinner party (something I clearly would not do), because guess what, he'd come back with a dress, very low cut, that shows lots of cleavage, and way above the knee, lol. Where I'd pick something more suitable for a dinner party, something I find pretty and elegant, because that's what I like to wear.

*Edit* When I saw the lingerie in the add-on store, I couldn't help but think of this video, lol.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

If anything I am starting to feel a bit jealous in that there don't seem to be many non-combat clothing options for men other than the default gear. I wear Epic Cloth mostly because it looks less boring than everything else. I don't want to look like another cookie-cutter full plate with one of ten standard cloaks in the middle of Owl's Head with a disco gustball.

Maybe they should make some Victorian men's and women's outfits to go with the steampunk themed stuff. The men could get a nice suit and bowler hat, the women could get a nice frock and fancy hat. (Not that the women couldn't make me feel even more jealous by looking good in the suit, too...)

19. Selene

Selene Avatar

Guys do have a few nice options.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Spoon, Cordelayne, Kara Brae and 4 others like this.
  20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No I would not rather. I want all of it. I don't like the male armor we had in R23 it was so boxy. I loved the detail of the epic plate female armor with the little bit of chain details. I absolutely loved that but I would not wear the crafted plate. I always play a 2 axe bludgeon paladin warrior with no magic but some heals. I don't think we would do this game a service to take away one thing for another. It is something for everyone even if some don't like that premise. It is too a very social game even if some don't want that aspect. I have days I want to just collect resources, explore, do quest, or work combat and other days I want to play music be social, be silly or both. :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    Leynael, Ice Queen and Albus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.