Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Gathering skills

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Barugon, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Gathering skill are way to difficult to raise. Mining, mining, mining, mining and my mining skill is barely 22. I have 700,000 pooled producer experience and it's not like I can whip out a gustball and train my mining skill. This really needs to change because it's seriously un-fun.

Koldar, GreyMouser2 and Ice Queen like this.
  2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Sorry, I dis-agree... At 22 that's a good start, now turn OFF all your tier 2 & 3 and work on just proficiency until is like 40, then turn it OFF and turn ON meticulous collection and work on that one, then go back to work on either survey or speed... Fails count as 1 use so keep going... I know its frustrating in the lower numbers, but it gets better...

4EverLost, Sara Dreygon and FrostII like this.
  3. Noric

Noric Avatar

After realizing that passives in adventuring worked like this i was wondering if it did on crafting too - are you sure that it splits xp?

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes, 22 since the R23 wipe, and no that's not a good start. I only have the base skill and swift gathering turned on.

5. Noric

Noric Avatar

I've had them all on and have 44 since R23. Without an idea of how much we spend mining that duration doesn't matter much.

FrostII likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The biggest problem is that low-level nodes are very sparse; there's like 3 or 4 nodes per scene. Not a lot of leveling happening there. If there are more nodes then there are also a not of mobs and you spend way more time fighting than mining (or any other type of gathering). If you go into any mine then the nodes are all at the maximum level, so harvesting even one can take several minutes.

7. Noric

Noric Avatar

Probably more like 6 nodes per scene - but yeah. However mining has it easy because of crystals. Owl's Nest is actually really good for training now since R24

8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

There needs to be more than 1 scene with stuff, there needs to be scenes with lots of trees for cutting, cotton fields. etc

9. Venusada

Venusada Avatar

Actually I like it taking work and time to level skills including crafting. I want this to be a long term game. I do not want to see GM's everywhere. It should take many many months to hit GM.

FrostII and Sara Dreygon like this.
  10. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Work is fine, but always having to fight off mobs when trying to collect is not fun. Where's the caves & woodlands & meadows with frolicking deer, sheep, cows, gazelles, goats, eagles, crows, single birds, non lethal small snakes. Why does everything out there want to kill us.

Ice Queen and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I've found there to be much more than 3 - 4 nodes on most scenes (except for towns). Discounting hide bearing animals, Trees and Cotton Plants seem to be most abundant, then Ore deposits (but you have to learn where they are), and lastly Reagents.

3 - 4 in a scene would match the least common resource alone, not the total resource nodes from my experience.

Edit: I am current running through Solace Bridge to get a count of each node found as an example and will post findings when I complete the scene.

Update #1: The South (Entrance to the scene usually) Side of the Bridge is complete with the following:

Ore: 6 nodes
    Trees: 9 nodes
    Cotton Plants: 10 nodes
    Reagents: 1 node seen so far

Update #2: The North side of the bridge (with Edvard, Lunar Rift, etc) had the following:

Ore: 6 nodes (Note: most of these are in Spider Hollow which is annoying for the number of times you WILL get rooted)
    Trees: 5 nodes
    Cotton Plants: 6 nodes
    Reagents: 7 nodes (6 of these are Oysters beds down at the river and easily missed)

TOTALS

Ore: 12
    Trees: 14
    Cotton Plants: 16
    Reagents (Oysters and Garlic seen): 8

Again, NOT counting hide-bearing creatures, that's 50 resource nodes in Solace Bridge alone.

Note: Not ALL of these nodes were harevstable at the time and as such Tree and Cotton plants were identified by the stump and plant respectively. Non-harvestable ore nodes are not visible thus not countable.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    FrostII likes this.
  12. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:)
    To test things yes skills could gain faster.

As the game is now and the direction they have and want for the FUTURE of this game - Keep it up deavs the pace you are stting is PERFECT to keep this game running into the future.

Players need to stop the "I want it now" mentality and live with the design as it is intended to have a game that LASTS and progresses into the future and not just . I have been here 2 months and now there is nothing left for me to do since I have mastered all the things I can and now "GIVE ME MORE".

Devs keep it up, and don't bow to the whiners - sorry :)

Manerd and FrostII like this.
  13. Noric

Noric Avatar

Oh i agree. Scenes that have collections of (nonmax level)nodes that can be mined without directly drawing aggro even if you need to pass through mobs to get there. Though graff is pretty good for gems too so there are really 2 scenes =P

14. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

I think it takes too long as well, but I haven't disabled all but one skill, and I shouldn't have to.

I have 93k producer experience and it's not getting used up by general mining/smithing.

Feel like this is a problem.

Ice Queen likes this.
  15. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

This is kind of where the random encounters were somewhat useful. You could quickly clear off the mobs, then harvest at leisure - especially on SPOn - then move on to the next scene or wait around for respawn if you happened onto one that kept having respawning resources ;)

Unfortunately, they were more annoying to most players than useful.:(

16. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

Also I never see any ore nodes in these random encounters.

17. Noric

Noric Avatar

There are 1-3 Ore Nodes I believe. You just need to spot the locations they can be.

18. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

There were some with 4 ores, 4 trees 2 cotton and 1 garlics, which would be respawning as you finished them.:confused:

19. Noric

Noric Avatar

I've never seen stuff respawn in one of those instances....

20. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I know, it seems to be a rare find. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.