Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Item Dropping

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Jon Redbeard, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

I would really love to be able to drop some lanterns in this old mine I'm working in.

I think I understand the broad reason for not allowing us to drop items, item load on a server where we don't have shards, I get that.

But what about for utility reasons, like dropping a lantern in a dark place so you can see? Can we allow drops of items in certain zones? Caves and Mines specifically? Can this be worked out?

The main reason for this I'm thinking in terms of where I'm coming from is mining and dropping/hanging lanterns around the area.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

how about a temporary light spell that stays where you cast it rather than following you around?

3. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

This seems like a natural progression to having twisting catacombs and large underground networks. Perhaps a sigil spell only you and your party members can see.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You can aquire one of the cloaks / or other items that provide light. If you want them to mark locations sorry :-(

5. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

I was trying to lean away from more spells, I'm a Blacksmith/armsman by trade, and I'd prefer a good old handy lantern and torch (something also I should be able to create on the fly and not at a crafting table) I'd like to be able to drive a spike into a wall and hang a lantern if I plan on hanging out there a while.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There are items you can wear that give off light, like I said no need to "hang" anything.
    If oyu want one let me know.

7. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

Thanks, but no thank you. I understand lanterns and torches are already in the game, however they disappear when using your pickaxe, or any type of gathering skill. I'd ike to be able to drop my torch or make a camp fire at least jeeze!

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is a Cloak, you wear it doesn't disappear. or a helm also. I have extras of both :)

Again this sound more and more like you want to leave a marker on the ground this cannot be allowed sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.