Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Daily XP Bonus?

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Fister Magee, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I am under the impression there is a daily xp bonus of some sort? How does this work? What are the limits? Does it get removed on death, before it's limit is reached?

Oba Evesor likes this.
  2. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I've noticed a 4xEXP bonus for about an hour a day. In both ADV and Production. Haven't quite figured out the timing of the hour ya get tho. Might have something to do w/Lunar cycles or somethin'! Never seems to be at the same time of day for me. Sometimes I get it at 18:00, sometimes its 01:00 in the morning.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

And I am pretty sure when I died, the bonus mysteriously disappeared on revival, but maybe it expired before.. I'm not sure...

Oba Evesor likes this.
  4. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I haven't noticed the death part. Might just be bad timing. I would test next time I have 4x but its too valuable!!! :)

5. Curt

Curt Avatar

After a wipe you has 4x on experience until you reach your old level.

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I'm way past that.. I'm talking about an amount I get daily at 4x

7. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

power hour!

First hour of each login over a 24 hour cycle?

Oba Evesor likes this.
  8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

lol does noone know for sure? :) I thought I saw something in the updates or an old forum post regarding it.. but cannot find it, and I'm not sure it detailed how it works?

9. kazeandi

kazeandi Avatar

AFAIK it's only "producer exp", not adventurer.

10. Stranger

Stranger Avatar

its both Adventurer and Producer XP. Im not sure if its a set amount of time or for a set amount of xp.... from my experience i thought it was for a set amount of XP. I dont have any official information tho

Oba Evesor and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

I believe it is modeled after resting xp from a certain other game. While logged out, you accrue it, up to a certain point. As for the numbers, I have no idea.

Fister Magee likes this.
  12. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

In previous releases, I noticed the XP bonus was ridiculously small, however that could have been because I was a much lower level. Now it seems to last a decent amount of time.

Both producer and adventurer XP gets a boost, and it seems to have a 24 hour cooldown from the moment you deplete your current days buff. From what I can see it is not time based, and is probably a percentage of the total XP required to advance to the next level.

One thing I'm not sure of is whether you have to deplete both your adventurer and producer buff, in order to trigger a reset. I think that it is not the case, and the 24 hour cooldown starts from the moment you deplete one.

Fister Magee and Oba Evesor like this.
  13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Well, I was using my xp bonus of the day (this morning), and again, after dying and reviving, it disappeared.. but again, maybe it was gone before I died? I gotta watch that. Relogged in and no bonus.. I'm not sure when a 'reset' comes in, maybe its midnight or something... I'll keep watch.. until maybe a dev wants to chime in, and make this easy? :)

14. Stranger

Stranger Avatar

Ok, i just had my bonus. I waited about 1.5 hours before killing things. After that i went out and earned around 150k XP in the following hour and then it went away. In total, I had the bonus for over 2 hours. (total XP earned is not exact, i did use some XP while grinding and did not notice the exact moment it went away)

I still, however, have my producer bonus because I did no gathering. So, it seems to be based on an amount of XP earned before it goes away and not just a "power hour".

and yes, i did die during this and did not lose the bonus upon death.

Tyde, Oba Evesor and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

So, it appears then to be a certain amount 'refilled' daily... at what time, and how much? We'll figure this out.. :)

Oba Evesor likes this.
  16. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

Its certainly not fixed to any particular time. I've experienced the boost in both the early morning and late evening, which is why I suggested it was tied to the time that you actually use the XP bonus.

Fister Magee likes this.
  17. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

The bonus may only apply when you load into a scene. I spent the morning hunting, and usually the bonus is applied before I have to get ready and leave the house.

I tried zoning to owls head and once I did, the bonus was there !! So its possible it could have been an amazing coincidence, but I think its more likely related to zoning/logging in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.