Even the odds. Grandmaster training for groups in MPO, what is the bonus for SPonline?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sold and gone, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    aye. I agree. Like I said I hope they do. So many things I was expecting for this game and very few if any are here. at this time at least. I wish Richard would jump in the forums and give us a pep talk. Have not heard or seen from him forever.

Harmony2 and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

all in time brother
    this yearly quarter should prove to be an exciting time.

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

+1 I am sorry I missed you posting this last night.

Ice Queen, Harmony2 and Lord Baldrith like this.
  4. Logain

Logain Avatar

This is actually similar to what @SeleneNoctua tried to explain/argue. You are fine that not all of the content is available in SPO (when it comes to PvP). You are agree that there should be a reward for your risk (in PvP). SeleneNoctua's argument is that the (additional) effort (and it takes effort to find a group to play with that meets the requirements you describe) should come with a reward as well. To use your words, 'MPO is optional'.
    I'm not trying to offend or attack you, but to explain that there already is some form of balance. By upping the ante, you get a chance for a higher benefit as well. Does that make sense?

SeleneNoctua and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Not really, I am not sure what you are saying here. "You are fine that not all of the content is available in SPO (when it comes to PvP). You are agree that there should be a reward for your risk (in PvP)." I have to be fine with this. You cannot have pvp by yourself, it takes two people. In order to pvp which is optional in MPO as well as any of the other modes, you have to flag for it and is not required in any of the content of the game. You can achieve anything in the game in PvE. So I am not sure what you mean by higher benefit. I might not have a group in pvp maybe. I sure wont have hirelings in pvp. I am not sure by what you mean by this: "By upping the ante, you get a chance for a higher benefit as well." What do you mean by upping the ante? And thank you for being civil also! :)

6. Logain

Logain Avatar

Exactly. The same can be said about a Master and his Apprentice, or about sharing experience.

No. You can not enter a Shardfall. That is content restricted by your choice of actions. Choice being the key-term here. It's similar to the virtues. I can decide to 'confiscate' the lovely coins and equipment I find on my adventures. I'm going to progress faster if I do! But I have to live with the restrictions that come with it (in whatever form the virtue hit is going to affect me).
    As a tangent to this, you can achieve everything in single player online mode. Everything asides of the Shardfalls and some extreme high end content. By avoiding other people, you can get a benefit when it comes to creature re-spawn (and harvesting, because although the amount of nodes that appear are shared, when you are in MPO, you might SEE a node, but you have to be there faster than the other guys in order to actually use it, because seeing it won't get you any resources). The disadvantage is similar to opting out of PvP. You have a more secure steady gain, but can not reach the maximum gain. That is how PvP balances with non PvP and how SP online balances with MP online.

You 'sacrifice freedom', because you are bound to be at a time at a place with a specific set of people. It takes effort to 'unlock' the advantages, effort that comes at the cost of you no longer being able to do what you want to an extent.

7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

thats why I have in this thread suggested hirelings that could be the master to teach you.
    This is for every online mode of play so it does not affect what I am suggesting in this thread. This is a game balance situation and not a mode balance situation.
    You directly oppose yourself with this statement. You can have everything but..... The shardfalls would be pvp zones and I would expect to be forced into mpo. I agree it is broken right now for gathering in SPO. I have said this many times already. You share the persistent ore nodes and the tree nodes, but you can farm the skinning non stop. This needs to be balanced.
    Still not sure what you mean by this. What freedom am I sacrificing? What advantages am I unlocking? What effort comes at a cost? I am just trying to understand what you mean by this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.