How long does it take?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baelzebub, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I don't see Weins post as being greedy, but as a concern for the "end game".
    If a single player can solo every boss, then that single player will most probably become bored without further "challenges"...
    Ravicus - while I understand and sympathise with your SPO viewpoint - you're asking that MPO be "nerfed" from high bosses because those in SPO can't solo the highest.
    That's not very fair either.... IMO of course. ;)

** Edit ** I have solo'd Torc' and enjoyed the ability. But I also do NOT want to be able to solo the highest once we begin Ep1.... sorry.
    I fully expect RG, DS and crew will give us bosses that THEY don't want solo'd.

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I see your point. I do not intend for the MPO to be nerfed though. I just want for SPonline to be scaled or have hirelings to help with these bosses. I just find it offensive for the viewpoint to make SPonline to be a red headed stepchild.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Well said, Ravicus... Give SPO hirelings to do the big bosses. I have no problem with that (that I can think of)... ;)

4. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

If you design a game to not be able to be played in the modes designed for... then that is highly disingenuous. Yes we have SPO, no you can't beat the game or all content in SPO.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  5. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Why I read "biggest ass in general"? :eek:

WAIT, don't tell me. I know! :p

6. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

You don't know how much I wanted to type 'ass...ets' lol!!!

7. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I think there is a difference between SPO and Solo. I play alot in Multiplayer mode but as a " Lone Wolf " I would not expect all content be beatable by me only.. However If I were playing as a Single player mode then Yes I would expect to be able to beat everything if I work hard enough for it..

Its about giving everyone something ( Which can be tricky to do ) but in general I think we are headed the right way..

Personally I want this game to last so I would actually like some areas harder and some bosses impossible to beat alone ( no matter what level your at) in Multiplayer mode.. In fact I would like to see at least one Boss or monster ( Every 3-6 months ) created in such a way that it take 10-20 Themos locks together trying for weeks to figure out all the weak points and coordinate an attack smart enough to take down this Foe.

Idea for a BOSS that I have.. ( A sort of "Death Wizard" )

Its Wizard next to a Well of souls.. this wizard can create a Daemon for each player that comes into this cave.. ( It take the players life force + 1 soul to create a Daemon ) So if you are just uncoordinated players then you will be defeated as more players more Daemons. The players have to be perfectly coordinated with each other to defeat there daemons and the wizard..

I like The philosophy of "Easy to play, difficult to Master" With that being said I think there is more than enough room to make it so that there is something/level of difficulty for every style of player..

Oba Evesor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.