Social/Friends List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GingerLee, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

I do not know if this has been addressed or not. You/I make a new friend contact and listed under "Friends".
    What you don`t have is a "last online day counter". People come. People Leave. That is the history of a MMO. I would like to know how long a person has been gone so I can delete their name safely. I Remove/Delete a name after 30 days, unless I know from that person as to why they will be gone for so long before. A simple thing could be implemented.to improve this social aspect.

2. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

It is nice seeing how long its been since the last time someone hops on. Could also help let them know what's changed since they were last on. It should also be something that is already tracked server side anyways, so it shouldn't be a huge change to add something like that. Great idea.

Ravicus Domdred, Oba Evesor and Leelu like this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

As long as it isn't too specific (hours:minutes:seconds last logged on). Perhaps number of days since last logged on would suffice.

4. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

You also don't know if they named their character the same thing after the latest wipe. So you could be friends with someone else instead lol.

Ravicus Domdred and Oba Evesor like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Great idea, love the OP. BUT, can I please block people from adding me to their friends list?

I don't understand why I'm forced to give information to people about when I'm online or when I log off. This is extremely annoying to me. I don't play this game to be on SOTA facebook, and I feel like this is a very intrusive mechanic.

6. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

Good idea.
    Also suggested elsewhere, now that we talk about friends list, that you could add side notes about that avatar in the same interface. In MMOs it's easy to end up with a long list but you don't know who is who.
    Maybe a pop up window with the name of the avatar, when did they last logged in, guild if he belongs to any, notes, etc.

7. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I just realized I have a request for the 'Social Window'. I'd love to be able to look down my friends list and see which guild they're in. Ya know, like, if I'm looking for advice on mining it'd be nice to know who's in BMC on my list. That kinda thing.

8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

This could easily be offset by a privacy filter.

9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I agree with this Baron, I would love to have the choice of not letting people just run by me and friend me. When I am in game on an alt, I have several people just run by and friend me, they dont say hi, they dont wave, they just add me to friends. Its kind of odd lol.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  10. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

Does friendship work both ways?
    I mean, if someone adds me, do I get them added automatically?
    I'm concerned someone friends me and I don't friend them back.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.