Weapons and attunement

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Aldo, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

If you craft a flaming weapon, is there any additional damage due to the flaming effect? Assuming that there is, then my question is if that effect is accentuated by higher fire attunement, and in this case negated by water attunement? There is so much difference in damage from hit to hit that I cannot determine the answer by watching damages while I am fighting.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, flaming weapon does fire damage over time. However it is not currently impacted by attunement. I believe the attunement system is going to be continuously tuned over many releases, and eventually this should happen.

3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

so having a sword of flaming, alongside a water attunement in the skill system.....i'd only be able to call it sparky, instead of flamey.

Aldo likes this.
  4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It affects your fire spells by 10%. You can put the weapon in and out of your hand to verify this while looking at the glyphs. Does no fire damage itself that I know of.

5. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I duel wield flaming daggers because its a +20% bonus to all my fire. Be cheaper and simpler to use wands (or nothing, for that matter, but I wouldn't get the +20%) because the fizzle that daggers add. I like looking cool tho, so I buy regs and wield flaming daggers!! :)

David J Thompson and Aldo like this.
  6. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Anyone knows if it works on bows? I couldn't tell when I tried it out last night as they don't seem to light up. Maybe I'm just not noticing it lighting up. Or maybe me having no fire attunement makes it a lighter instead of a burner?

Ice Queen, Aldo and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  7. Curt

Curt Avatar

I wish for mage type weapons thats + X specific attunments.

Aldo likes this.
  8. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

We are unable to light up our bows because the ignite weapon is melee only.

We are also unable to poison our arrow tips...

The 10% fire damage socket added to bows just ups the damage you do in your fire tree. It has nothing to do with archery unfortunatley...

Aldo, Oba Evesor and 4EverLost like this.
  9. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

#ArchersNeedBurnerstoo!:)

10. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Baron, did you read this somewhere, and if so point me in that direction? I completely do not understand this damage modifier. The weapon shows a +10% fire damage. Since the weapon does not have fire damage normally, and 10% of nothing is nothing, I have to assume that the +10% would be applied to any spells from the fire skill tree that are used. Now if that is the case, are you saying that the attunement bonus to my "fire fist" would be applied, and then the 10% weapon increase added to that amount?

11. Caligastia

Caligastia Avatar

....I have a Great axe with +%200 Air Damage. Must be a Typo though, My Air spells weren't +%200.

Aldo, Oba Evesor and 4EverLost like this.
  12. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

It's been reported and they said they'd fix it - I was hoping they'd fix it to match the bigger number we see though:(:D:p

Ice Queen, Aldo and Oba Evesor like this.
  13. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

If I understand correctly from what you all have said, socketing a gem into a weapon doesn't add any extra damage ability to the weapon. So that means I'm wasting my gold on a fire or air gem if I don't use either magic tree. :(
    At least I know not to waste gold on that from now on. Thanks for the heads up.

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  14. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

Why are you trying to link a Spell with a weapon enhancement - I am pretty sure they are NOT linked. Nor should they be. One is an enchantment on the weapon the other is a Spell.

Attunement affects Spells, positively for the tree they are in a negatively for the opposite attunement.

Enhancements are added to the weapon, and yes they do increase damage, a very small amount of damage.

15. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

They are 100% linked. The two gems we can currently socket as the first iteration of the process affect your air or fire trees and not the weapon damage.

Test it yourself. Get two air socketed wands and two fire socketed wands. When you equip them you can watch your air or fire spells go up 10% and 20% for the second. You will see the bottom end damage and top end damage of your air and fire tree glyphs change.

I have seen no proof that your weapon damage gets a boost at all.

Aldo likes this.
  16. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

hum that is backwards but ty I will go give it a look and if so needs to be sent in as a bug report.

Ok just took my +200 Air Bow on and off and not one thing changed on my air damage, I will go grab some fire nd air other types and see.

But weapons should NOT affect the spell tree it should be added damage will now look deep into it.

Ok the fire Bow definatly added damage to the fire tree, Now I have to go see about other weapons and ask friends and will work up a nice bug report.

These should have NO affect on the mage skill trees :-(

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    Brent Sasz and Sara Dreygon like this.
  17. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Its totally backwards. I agree with you there. I dont think its a bug. It's a bit complicated to be an accident. I believe it just comes down to it being their first attempt at it.

It's as confusing for people as spiders not dropping spider carapaces.

18. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I think it would be more clear if the life gem, chaos gem, water gem, earth gem, sun gem, moon gem, death gem, physical damage gem, ranged damage gem existed.

I assume they were on hold as the crafting underbelly got its revamp.

19. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

Ok I am totally corrected they are adding to the Fire Spell Tree, not the Air one for Blue gem but Fire spells are deffinatly getting affected so if that is true then yes attunment should stack.
    I am going to hit up the crafting forum with much more in a sec

Aldo and Sara Dreygon like this.
  20. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

But your understanding of attunements is a little off the opposite attunement just has a negative affect on the attunement.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.